WAG Daughters of gymnasts

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I was just looking at some videos on youtube and came across a cute one of Brandy Johnson's daughter. So now I am wondering how many other gymnasts now have daughters competing (at any level)? Does anyone know of any?

This past year at the Parkettes meet, Mary Lou Retton's daughters were there competing.
I was just looking at some videos on youtube and came across a cute one of Brandy Johnson's daughter. So now I am wondering how many other gymnasts now have daughters competing (at any level)? Does anyone know of any?

Tim Dagget's daughter just got a college gym scholarship to BYU (I think). Dominique M. has her little kids in gymnastics.

I just saw she (Hope Spivey) opened a gym In Dulles Va. We are also in Virginia and I never heard of the gym. It looks brand new. I also find it weird they don't compete USAG until Level 7. They do the Virginia All Star program before then, which is a poor subsitution for the USAG Xcel program. The judges in this state do not know how to score the intermediate and advance levels. They also won't have much competition in this state, every meet our Intermediates went to last year, they were the only ones who showed up. It was so discouraging, our gym did away with the program, because half the team quit. It would be neat to go to a meet there though. LOL

We went to another meet in Loudoun last year and Annia Hatch was one of the coaches, and she had some good vaulters!

She is awesome! I love watching her form and her spirit. She looks like she is having a blast performing.

I have no idea who Brandy Johnson is?! Lol I watched Sydney's floor though & it was great skill wise, but I did think it was a bit too sexy, IMO....I would not have approved those moves for my DD.

I agree with you ^^^ I wouldn't approve of those for myself and im almost 17, she looks tiny does anyone know how old she is? She is a lovely gymnast and a great performer but she does need some more suitable choreography.

EDIT: I just looked it up and she is 12, definitely not appropriate in my books!

Definitely a sexy routine, but boy could she sell it. I'm sure I wouldn't want my daughter doing those moves, but then again I know she couldn't carry that off.

Brandy Johnson was my favorite gymnast when I was a teenager. She made an Olympic team and world teams in the late 80's(think she has a world medal on vault). But it was a tough time for USA gymnastics, so not many of the girls from this era have the lasting noteriety of those from other times. The Soviets and Romanians dominated (Shushunova and Silvas were still around, and Boginskaya was beginning her reign), China was beginning their rise and the East Germans were still around('member them?)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back