WAG College recruiting

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Mango Tango

Gymnast
Does anyone have any tips for getting recruited for women’s college gymnastics. I am currently in Xcel and need some tips. I’m not in level 8-10 yet but am wanting to work towards it. Any advice would be welcome. Thank you!

The advice is SKILLS. You will need skills that can become part of routines that have a 10.0 start value. If your Xcel program has a pathway to DP, great - you are on the right path. If not, you will need to switch to a gym that will either let you join DP or allows movement between Xcel/DP.

Without knowing your current skillset and age it's hard to say if time is on your side. Another option for college gymnastics is Club. Many schools have their own Club teams that compete against other college Club teams.

I have briefly talked to my coach and she said if that’s the path I want to take then she would help me get there. The gym is an Xcel gym. I was also going to message Jill Hicks.

Great! Also look at Acro and Tumbling. This could be an option for you if you have exceptional tumbling but lack in the other events. For any NCAA team you will need to have the appropriate skills. Look up videos of gymnastics and acro/tumbling...these are the skills you will be expected to have prior to your senior year of high school.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back