Parents DD had her best meet ever!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Monkeygirlsmom

Proud Parent
her AA was 29.9 (I know its low) but she really needs to get better on form and such!

but she got her 2 skills today that she seems to have the most trouble on!
yay

Isn't it lovely when things click. I remember my oldests meets when she got 27AA and was thrilled! I think as long as she is happy and she is clearly progressing well that is all we can ask for. She must be feeling very proud of her successes today!

you are soo right! I do agree all I care about is that she progresses (expecting the goofups along the way!! LOL)

Her coach is so great about it too! she was soo proud of dd today to for getting her dismount , the look on her face was great. She does not care at all about the scores ~tho hoping they get great ones~ but that they are improving. she is the best coach I swear we are very lucky to have such a great coach.

Thank you! yes she was pretty proud!
what a great way to have the last meet of the season

Your coach sounds like every parents dream. I love that every child can be appreciated for their successes. Those routines are a big challenge, and we easliy forget just how hard every child has to work just to be able to compete.

ya! good for her. I remember those days - just hoping for one little victory. It is such a long road, enjoy the ride!:)

Congrats to her!! It is so great when they finally make those skills they are struggling with at a meet. Now that those skills are getting more solid, she will be able to focus on all the little things that they get .10'd to death for. Next season will be great for her!

That is fantastic news!! I am so glad to hear she got her dismount in competition! How exciting.

I remember Beetle's first meet. AALLLL we wanted was for her to get her kips.. and she did.. she got a 28. or 29. And we were THRILLED...

I am glad her coach gets it.. some coaches don't. This coach sounds like she get that Gymnastics is a marathon not a sprint! one step at a time..

Great job.

Congrats to her and her accompishments! It must be so rewarding for her to see all of her hardwork come together! And I agree, her coaches sound awesome!!

Thanks !! YES HER COACHES ARE A PARENTS DREAM!!!

we def are not a great scoring team at all! this year the level 4s places 3rd in a meet and our gym has not placed in any level since 1985 I believe it was!

we would love better scores and are working toward them but they want the girls to love the sport and have fun!!
not get burnt out and such!!

Congrats to your dd!!! I think having an understanding, caring and encouraging coach is the key to a lot of the gymnast's successes. My dd also has a great coach who encourages and praises and always looks at the positives regardless of score. It makes the environment so much more relaxed, fun and positive for the team!! Congrats on finding that special coach for your dd--that in itself, can be a godsend!!!

YAY!!! It is so exciting when they "get" a new skill or two! And who cares about scores when they're progressing AND they're so happy about it! The better scores will come when she's confident about her skills and form!!!

Sounds like a great gym..... where are you located again??? :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back