Parents DD quit

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Wishing your DD joy & success as she moves on to new adventures. She is so strong & talented I know great things lie ahead for her. If she wants to lay low for a bit, I think that's understandable. She's used to rigorous training of gymnastics and to just jump into track full force & competitively may seem daunting to her right away. Once she gets her bearings I think she'll be pleasantly surprised how ready for track she already is:D.

When my DD "dabbled" in track, the track coach loved her because she was so "coachable". She listened & took corrections & made them just like she does in gymnastics. She ended up breaking school records her 1st season competeing track. Funny thing was she had no idea how good she was. It was all so different then the gymnastics she was used too. She says it was "dumb luck" because she had no idea what she was doing outside on the track,LOL! :p

I also became friends with the track parents too. Maybe when she feels comfortable competing you will be able to make some new friends too:D!Good luck to you & your DD as she makes the transition into new sports.

Thanks, I also think she just wants to relax for a while.
Funny thing at Track Practice was that the coach ask her if she used to do gymnastics and when my daughter said yes coach said she can see it on her run.
So far she has only practiced the long jump and 100 meter dash once.
She jumped about 11 feet. I guess not to bad for the first time and especially since she is short.
Was afraid to try Javelin last practice but thought about it now and wants to try it.
I don't even think they offer that in middle school here.
Right now she does Track through USATF.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back