DD was first alternate for Easterns for tumbling

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Canadian_gym_mom

Proud Parent
and last night we found out she made it! And we had about 30 minutes to decide if she could go or not. AND when the coach called me, she had ALREADY TOLD dd that she made it, and they just needed my permission.

Over $1200 for just her to go, not including spending money or lunches and dinners. She would be flying from Toronto to Quebec City with just her coach and the team of 8 girls from our gym.

And she's 8. Competing in a level against girls 12 and under.

And we said yes. Eeeeek!

My 8 year old is travelling with Team Ontario to represent our province at Easterns.

I still don't know if I will somehow try to make it out there to see her. Apparently there will be a live internet feed. But my baby is going to Easterns!

*bittersweet*

Awesome, she will have a blast. Girls from our gym have gone and they are well cared for. Plus it is Quebec City!

The live feed has worked very well in the past, we have it in Quebec for Provincials and championships of all levels. The schedule will come out ahead of time and you can see her live.

Awesome, she will have a blast. Girls from our gym have gone and they are well cared for. Plus it is Quebec City!

The live feed has worked very well in the past, we have it in Quebec for Provincials and championships of all levels. The schedule will come out ahead of time and you can see her live.

I knew you would be in know Bogwoppit, and thanks! I still can't decide. All the flights from Toronto are at the wrong time, too expensive (some are $500 one way!) or on a propeller plane. I do not fly well. But I feel like I should be there for such a big event. I have a month to decide. Well, less if I have to book a flight. Decisions decisions.

Check out the via rail site on Wednesdays for the deals on the train, it is very efficient. Have you checked porter air? They often have sales to Quebec City. I hear you on the flying. Ugh.

Even if you go you won't get to see her much as they are chaperoned constantly and kept as a tight group from the airport to hotel to meals etc.

Don't feel bad if you cannot make it, there will be a whole province cheering for her.

Congratulations to your DD...I am sure she will do awesome and have the time of her life. I hope she can get there.

If you PM the dates you are going I may be able to look at getting you a deal as I am in the industry and at a quick look I can get return fares for under 500.

Check out the via rail site on Wednesdays for the deals on the train, it is very efficient. Have you checked porter air? They often have sales to Quebec City. I hear you on the flying. Ugh.

Even if you go you won't get to see her much as they are chaperoned constantly and kept as a tight group from the airport to hotel to meals etc.

Don't feel bad if you cannot make it, there will be a whole province cheering for her.

Aww, that totally made me tear up, thanks! Oh and I checked Porter, no deals right now we aren't in Toronto so getting to city centre airport would be another huge pain. But thanks.

Congratulations to your DD...I am sure she will do awesome and have the time of her life. I hope she can get there.

If you PM the dates you are going I may be able to look at getting you a deal as I am in the industry and at a quick look I can get return fares for under 500.

Thanks margg

Hi! I usually lurk here, but I'm making an exception today ;) I just wanted to let you know that I was born and raised in Quebec City, so if you have any questions about travel logistics, local attractions or about the city in general, I'd be glad to help. Congrats to your DD and I hope she has a great time at Easterns!

Congratulations to your daughter! That is such exciting news! It will be a wonderful experience for her, and I hope you can work a deal with some travel plans so you can be there to cheer her on in person.

10 thumbs up from me! give her a high five from me. that's great news. love it!:)

Great Job! My grandaughter is also going to Easterns for tumbling. We are leaving tonight! Do you know the link for the live feed?
Thanks.

Great Job! My grandaughter is also going to Easterns for tumbling. We are leaving tonight! Do you know the link for the live feed?
Thanks.

Sadly no live feed this year. I emailed the organizers to check. We had Provoncials live streamed two weeks ago, I totally don't get why this meet isn't

Have fun in Quebec City, have some poutine.

Thanks.

What level is your dd? Are you from Ontario? My dd is competing in Level C 12 and under. Good luck to your dd.

After much debate and crunching numbers, I have decided I am going. DD flies with the team tomorrow morning and I am flying out on my own tomorrow night.

I just couldn't *not* go see my baby compete at her first Easterns. The lack of a live feed clinched my decision. I will either fly back Sunday morning, or if by a miracle dd makes the finals I will stay until the evening.

What level is your dd? Are you from Ontario? My dd is competing in Level C 12 and under. Good luck to your dd.

After much debate and crunching numbers, I have decided I am going. DD flies with the team tomorrow morning and I am flying out on my own tomorrow night.

I just couldn't *not* go see my baby compete at her first Easterns. The lack of a live feed clinched my decision. I will either fly back Sunday morning, or if by a miracle dd makes the finals I will stay until the evening.

How did she do? My granddaughter is in level A and competed for Team Ontario. She had a fall at the end of her second pass and did not place, but did receive a silver medal for Team Ontario. The experience is always great as the kids do alot of bonding while they are there and get to see the sights. We went to an indian village, the aquarium and old Quebec City.

How did she do? My granddaughter is in level A and competed for Team Ontario. She had a fall at the end of her second pass and did not place, but did receive a silver medal for Team Ontario. The experience is always great as the kids do alot of bonding while they are there and get to see the sights. We went to an indian village, the aquarium and old Quebec City.

Aw, sorry your granddaughter fell, but a team silver is awesome! My dd ended up placing 6th! Her goal was to make the finals and she did, so placing 6th was icing on the cake for us! It was great how the girls who compete against each other come together as a team to cheer each other on.

I noticed it especially with the Level A's. One girl from our gym is in that category and I love how at every meet they cheer for each other.

I flew home on the Sunday but the girls stayed until Monday to see the sights. Next year we have to be brave and meet up, lol!

Aw, sorry your granddaughter fell, but a team silver is awesome! My dd ended up placing 6th! Her goal was to make the finals and she did, so placing 6th was icing on the cake for us! It was great how the girls who compete against each other come together as a team to cheer each other on.

I noticed it especially with the Level A's. One girl from our gym is in that category and I love how at every meet they cheer for each other.

I flew home on the Sunday but the girls stayed until Monday to see the sights. Next year we have to be brave and meet up, lol!

The friendships that they make is the best part of all these competitions. My granddaughter has each competator that she has competed against as a friend on Facebook and they all complement each other after each competition. I think that next year Easterns will probably be in Ontario, then all the moms, dads, and grand parents can watch them.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back