WAG Deductions on Cast to Handstand

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

LizzieLac

Proud Parent
I hope this question makes sense. Is there any difference in the deductions given on CHS that don't get to HS if attempted from straight body vs. straddle? More specifically, is there an "extra" deduction for a straddle cast that doesn't get to HS vs. a straight body? Thanks!

Could it me a matter of "how it appears to a judge that a straddle doesn't get to HS? So they think it is a lower angle?

Our coach has told all the girls that are straddling but not getting to HS to do straight body cast because otherwise they are getting another, extra deduction. No one understands. Any ideas?

Could it me a matter of "how it appears to a judge that a straddle doesn't get to HS? So they think it is a lower angle?

Our coach has told all the girls that are straddling but not getting to HS to do straight body cast because otherwise they are getting another, extra deduction. No one understands. Any ideas?
Maybe the straight is cleaner for rhose kids. In other words they have poor technique. Or they aren't even close to h stand in which I would straight because a straddle to 45 degrees looks like crap. And of course that is poor technique as well. :).

One issue could be if a gymnast is attempting a straddle cast handstand and never brings their legs together. Then they will get a deduction for leg separation, as well as any deduction for angle, body shape, bent arms, foot form.

Maybe the straight is cleaner for rhose kids. In other words they have poor technique. Or they aren't even close to h stand in which I would straight because a straddle to 45 degrees looks like crap. And of course that is poor technique as well. :).

One issue could be if a gymnast is attempting a straddle cast handstand and never brings their legs together. Then they will get a deduction for leg separation, as well as any deduction for angle, body shape, bent arms, foot form.

These answers I can understand. Thanks. What if the gymmie brings her legs together but it is when she has started downward momentum. Same deduction? Thanks again!

These answers I can understand. Thanks. What if the gymmie brings her legs together but it is when she has started downward momentum. Same deduction? Thanks again!
Okay, it's irrelevant because that is not proper technique. I wouldn't compete that either.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back