Differences in price according to group

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So I am thinking about switching gyms. I was there trying it out with my friend today, and after the try-outs we started to talk prices. At first she talked to my friend (who is younger, not as experienced as I am) and was telling her for the Level 5 group, it would be 12 hours a week, for $200.
Then she started to talk to me, and said 12 hours a week, for $225 for fast track. She wants me to do optionals, but I have to compete level 5 and 6 before then, so she wants me in the fast track group.
I know to some $25 isn't that big of a deal, but it adds up pretty quickly. That's $300 more than the regular level 5, same hours.

Do other gyms do this? Is it even reasonable?

What exactly is the difference between the regular level 5 program and the fast track option if the hours are the same? I think that will be the deciding factor, whether or not you think it will make a big enough difference and be worthwhile to do fast track. I've never heard of anything like that before.

yes and yes. you and your friend are obviously not the same ability.:) and the additional $25 is most likely for fees that the other program does not have.

Regular Level 5- Compete level 5 all season
Fast-Track- Level 5 for half the season, level 6 for the rest.
No difference other than that.
Same competitions, same amount of coaches at a time, same uniforms, same everything but the switch half way through the season.

Well I guess if everything else is the same you would be paying for the experience. Do you want to be a level 5 or a 6? If you really don't care and the $ matters be a 5 if you do care and the $25 doesn't bother you too much do the fast track. My guess would be if the hours are the same maybe you are paying for the specific coaches expertise. You got to do what you feel comfortable doing.

She honestly didn't give me a choice. She told me I would be practicing these 12 hours, and pay this much. She is not even considering me a level lower, because I have all of my level 6 skills, and some of my optional skills.

I think you would be really bored in a level 5 class then. I don't know what else to tell you about the price difference maybe the groups are smaller and the coaches more experienced. I guess if you really want an answer talk to them and ask. I am curious if the issue is really the $25 or if you want to be in class with your friend? I can understand if you do I am just wondering.

It really depends on what you want to do and what you think you would be successful at. Look at it this way. 1 year at regular L5 is $2400 and one year at L6 is $2400 so in 2 years you would be a L7 for $4800. If you go the fast track you will be a L7 in 1 year for $2700. However, you should be aware that L7 will be more expensive. More training hours and more travel, so be advised that however you go, this is NOT a cheap sport. I once calaculated that dd's 14 years in this sport cost between $80,000 and $90,000.

I know the sport is not cheap, and I understand that it will be expensive. I was not considering doing the Level 5 group, I was just purely wondering if this is a common occurence.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back