Parents Do you stay during team practice, or leave if you have a long commute?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My 12 year old does not stop talking the whole way home. I get all the details. Which is not always good because she gets worked up remembering how frustrated she was. But I won't tell her to stop, just like I won't tell my 14 year old to stop texting me, even though it really drives me crazy.

I never stay - i did up to age 9.
She hates me quizzing her but when i Dont ask for a while she then says - why Arent you asking? You obviously Arent interested!
Cant win !

We live about a half hour from the gym too. I usually stay. I hate driving so much! I also try to fit errands into the boring strength part of practice.

I prefer to stay, but when we move, depending on the length of practice time, I may be dropping her off and coming back, and maybe staying once a week. It stinks to drive so much though as opposed to just staying there and bringing my laptop with me to work.

Our commute is only about 5-8 minutes (phew!), a few minutes more with traffic so I can't really say. A few parents that have about 20-30 minute commutes usually leave. But a couple live outside the city the gym is located and face an hour's drive each way, so they usually stay with a laptop and a few books. Or shop and do errands, as far as I know. :rolleyes:

We are 25 mins away and right now practice is only 2 hours three days a week. I stay for now, sometimes drop and run errands. What kills me is the one day a week that my younger dd has practice on the same day but hours earlier. Yeah get to drive twice that day. The things we do for our kids :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back