Does your gym do anything special?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

thegymfreak

Gymnast
Does your gym do anything special, like a banquet, to celebrate the end of the competition season? At my gym, we have a formal banquet with awards, and a not-so-formal s'mores and movie night at my coach's house. We watch stick it and have s'mores, and give out funny awards. For example, last year I won "Most likely to talk your ear off".:rolleyes:. It's a lot of fun!

No, never, but where I live its not like in America!!!
At Christmas we stay after gym in a little hall and have like snacks but nothing at all like that.....:(
You're really lucky:eek:

We have a "fun" team practice, all ages, which our littlest team members love. Then directly after have a party in the gym. The kids seemed to absolutely love it.

Toward the start of the New season, we have an awards banquet. We get awards with our high scores from the last season (a plaque and a cardstock paper with our results from all meets). They we also get the fun awards- Cartwheel Queen for always doing cartwheels, Ms. Hair Pin for always having to tuck hair behind ears, 9.0 for always asking if the coach thinks you got a 9 no matter how many times you fell, etc.
We wait til the season is about to start so we can include the new gymnasts in the fun awards... and so the parents can all meet and be familiar with each other before the season starts.

There is a banquet in June. It honors the seniors but the whole team is invited. All team members are recognized and get a certificate of participation. They put together a video of the seniors and the seniors give speeches. The girls all dress up fancy (prom gowns for the girls that have them). It is a very nice evening. My dd can't wait to get a fancy dress this year. (Last year was the first year we went and she didn't believe me about dressing up.)

We have an optionals banquet and a compulsories banquet but the whole team is invited to both. It formal and everyone dresses up. They give awards like, "All 9s" when you had a meet with all 9s, they give an award for each event, oh and it's divided into levels. They also give a "Gymnast of the year," and "Most Improved Gymnast." Then we usually swim afterward! We also have christmas parties, halloween party, sleepovers... I love my gym!

We have an end of year award ceremony and disco to mark each gymnasts achievements. We also have a Christmas party at the gym for just the squad gymnasts. We do lots of things throughout the year too - last year we had a London 2012 fun day and this year we are all going to watch the British championships in Liverpool for the weekend. I think it's really important for the coaches, gymnasts and parents to all bond!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back