Done with level 7!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Well, I had my state meet this weekend and there were definately some ups and downs. :) I started on floor and got a 9.45, my second highest all season, and I ended up winning floor! Vault was ok - they were judging really hard and I got a 9.25, the highest on my team and 3rd place. Then on bars my casts and clearhip were really high, and I almost did a cast handstand on the high bar but then for some reason I started pulling for a clearhip instead of falling for a giant, and by the time I pushed back out I didn't have enough speed and tapped late and fell. :( And I had finally gotten consistent on my giant! Oh well. At least I got credit for my casts and had a 10.0 start value! 8.45. On beam I fell on my cartwheel/cartwheel and lost the connection but hit everything else, so that was frustrating. 8.1. Didn't place on bars or beam, 4th all-around (35.25). I probably would have won all-around if I hadn't fallen (I think 1st was like 36.2), but there aren't any what-ifs in gymnastics, I didn't hit everything when I had to and a more consistent girl won. I'm really happy about floor though, and while this wasn't exactly the season I was expecting, I'm proud that I was able to come all the way back from my ankle injury. I can't wait to start working level 8!

Last edited:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back