Parents Double Celebration!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MyBoysFlip

Proud Parent
I don't get to post much because my boys are usually just working strength & drills but.. today my little JJ (6) did his first RO BHS by himself! It was also the first day he ever got to try one - two spotted ones and he was ready to go. I could not believe it. I got it on my cell phone camera but he looks like an ant so I'll try to remember a better camera next time. :) And on another note - big brother (7) lost his first tooth as we were walking out the door to go to practice. So it was ice cream for everyone tonight - as they said after practice "Double celebration time!"

Hooray! So nice to hear about the boys! They don't get nearly enough face-time on this site. :) I wish that they would sometimes get to do meets in combination with the girls. We don't have any boys at the gym where my dd practices, and I'd love a chance to see what the boy gymnasts do (though probably not enough to go to an extra meet in our already crazy meet schedule, I'll admit). I know Kathy would trade the bars for a set of rings any day. She thinks they're really fun!

wow that is awesome! Definately time for ice cream!! I agree that they should have coed meets where the boys can compete also. Our gym just added a boys team that was practicing at another facility and came to our gym...coach and all. Just 4 boys but they are already level 9 or so ages are around 11 years old.

Hey, there! I have two boys in gym! Okay, one is only in a preschool class (lol) but the other starts competing level 4 in Jan! He just got his ROBHS by himself a couple of weeks ago. It's really funny, because he downplays all of his accomplishments while his sister can't WAIT to tell me what new skill she has learned! In fact, his coach is the one who told me he had it, not him!

Congrats to both your boys! Def. an ice cream moment!!
Did your older boy make up a gymnastics story to go with the missing tooth? Like, he hit the pommel horse or something, lol? That DOES sound like something my son would do! :D

Congratulations to both your boys! The ro/bhs is huge! I love watching the boys practice at our gym. They are SO different from the girls. I honestly wish my gymnast were a boy - they have so much fun at practice and meets are so much more relaxed. What is it about the gym tha induces tooth loss? I swear I think my dd and her friends have lost every single tooth at the gym. Yay for ice cream!

Lee- No meets this year - he didn't turn 6 until late September. We have a training team of 6 boys (between 5 and young 7)and they will move up to Level 4 if they are ready in June. Right now they only practice 3 hours a week but mine are only going 1.5 b/c its wrestling season.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back