Parents Emma's Amazing Vault!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi all! Just wanted to brag a moment on my dd. She had an awesome meet this weekend where she earned her first 36AA for level 6. She actually placed 1st AA with a 36.50! As amazing as that is, the day was just Emma's. If you all remember her struggles with vault from last year, you will understand why she is on cloud nine. She had an awesome vault! They have been working hard on it now for quite awhile. Well, she did it and even managed a 1st place on vault with a 9.1!
As parents we always struggle with, are we doing what's best for them? They really miss out on a lot of things because of time in the gym. We personally wondered if we had made the right decision to keep her back at 12 hours a week. Wondering if we should have let her go 16 hours and learn more skills. We don't even want to think about the financial aspects of this sport.....BUT all these concerns vanish when you see your child with a smile like that! AND if that was not enough....Team placed first as well. Such a great group of girls! Thanks for listening to the brag!

YouTube - Crossroads Classic 2010 level 6 Vault 1st place

Her montage is posted as well. However I tried to slow down the vault and it made her legs look blurry and apart, so I posted it alone.

Thanks!!!!

Awesome job Emma!!! Wow that is a great AA score too. We are still waiting for our first 36AA. It may be a while as Alex just moved up to Level 5 and is still learning the routines. And it looks like your decision to keep her at 12 hours was a good one! She looks very confident!!!

Awesome job! She certainly did have a nice vault! And she's a good little bar worker too. Great AA score, something to be VERY proud of! Congrats!

Beautiful vault! Excellent work Emma! You're going to have a fantastic season!

So happy for her....I commented on the Youtube video. It is amazing when they just get something they've been struggling with. My DD also struggles with that vault and we also struggle with the schedule and if she belongs in L5 or not. Some days I dream of just yanking her so I can remember what it's like to not run around every night. We also barely make the required 15 hrs. I usually opt for 12 hrs knowing she is repeating L5 anyway, so why kill ourselves. Sounds like Miss Emma is off to a fabulous season. Too funny about the extra video and wanting to make sure those legs weren't apart.....don't worry that form was gorgeous!

Awesome job Emma!!! Wow that is a great AA score too. We are still waiting for our first 36AA. It may be a while as Alex just moved up to Level 5 and is still learning the routines. And it looks like your decision to keep her at 12 hours was a good one! She looks very confident!!!

Thanks! It seems like something just clicked for her with that vault. She did some great ones tonight at practice. We have another meet this weekend, but it is huge! 92 girls in her session and only 2 age groups. Are you all going to any of the St. Louis meets? Gymquarters or St. Louis Classic? We'll be there. Good luck to Alex with those routines. The floor routine through Emma for a loop because of all the direction changes!

Congrats to her! It's so nice to see them really doing well at a skill they worked hard on!

So happy for her....I commented on the Youtube video. It is amazing when they just get something they've been struggling with. My DD also struggles with that vault and we also struggle with the schedule and if she belongs in L5 or not. Some days I dream of just yanking her so I can remember what it's like to not run around every night. We also barely make the required 15 hrs. I usually opt for 12 hrs knowing she is repeating L5 anyway, so why kill ourselves. Sounds like Miss Emma is off to a fabulous season. Too funny about the extra video and wanting to make sure those legs weren't apart.....don't worry that form was gorgeous!

Thank you so much! It is tough making these decisions! There is no "do over" when it comes to raising your babies. Thanks for the nice comments! I often wonder how life would be without the gym schedule. We'll keep going until she says she is finished.

Awesome job! She certainly did have a nice vault! And she's a good little bar worker too. Great AA score, something to be VERY proud of! Congrats!

Thanks! Her favorite event, and strongest, has always been bars. Although this year she has decided that she likes beam best. After this weekend she might say vault!

Emma, you ROCK! You're vault is awesome and you are such a beautiful little gymnast! Way to go!

I'm right there with ya on the "what if" game. I dont' know a parent who doesn't play that game, lol. As long as our dds are happy and still love the sport, then I guess we have our answer. Good luck to Emma this weekend!!!!

She's so little (don't tell her I said that bit) and cute and it was a huge vault!!

Emma, you ROCK! You're vault is awesome and you are such a beautiful little gymnast! Way to go!

I'm right there with ya on the "what if" game. I dont' know a parent who doesn't play that game, lol. As long as our dds are happy and still love the sport, then I guess we have our answer. Good luck to Emma this weekend!!!!

Thanks D! I'm going to get that meet traker app too. Hopefully I won't chew up the battery on my iphone playing with those apps! I'll email results, please do the same! Goood Luck K!!!!!!

She looked really great. I think that says it all if she did not want to be there 16 hours a week she would not be doing that amazing at meets.

Thank you! Actually, Emma would live in the gym! It was a decision her dad and I made partly based on her age, and also because she stayed sick the year before pretty much the whole season. Missed a lot of school. Viruses, nothing serious thank God. However, when she ended up with mono and missed so much school and gym, we decided it might be a sign that her little body needed some rest.:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back