WAG Fall States!!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

diamondmom

Proud Parent
DD has her first ever State meet this weekend. She is over the moon excited. I am so excited for her. Any BTDT advice to keep calm (her and I :))? She is EARLY Sunday morning. She has requested an apple, banana and peanut butter for breakfast which I thought was a pretty darn good idea!

Since it will be early morning may I just suggest hugs for her and a touch of Vodka in your OJ for you? Just kidding of course but If you figure out how to stay calm let me know.

I think the best btdt is to remind her that she has been competing for __ months and that she is used to meets now - and to think of it as just another meet. Get her there in plenty of time - if its more than 1.5 hrs away, think about a hotel so she is well rested and not cramped from the car ride. Ask her what special thing she wants to do after the meet. I also usually ask her to name 3 goals for the meet. It usually has to do with her performance or demeanor - staying calm, staying on the beam, smiling during her floor routine.

It is about a 3 hour drive so we are headed there tomorrow morning so the kids can swim and then we can all just relax! Good idea about something fun for her to pick for after the meet since we will still have 1/2 a day Sunday! Thanks all

Since it will be early morning may I just suggest hugs for her and a touch of Vodka in your OJ for you? Just kidding of course but If you figure out how to stay calm let me know.
That made me chuckle. Not a bad idea;) Might be a little early in the day for that though!

For early morning, just make sure she eats light, you can actually lose points when bellies swollen with food touch the bars. :D It actually took my dd and I some time to figure out how to eat right, before a meet. Pack some fruit and water in her gym bag along with a note wishing her luck and letting her know how much you love her, no matter what happens.

I let mine pig out after a meet as a reward, it is something she looks forward to. LOL!

On other thing, no matter what happens, it is completely out of your control mom!:eek:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back