WAG Favorite Events to Compete

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

sleeplessinnewyork

Coach
Proud Parent
Gymnast
Hi!`So, I was wondering, what are your favorite, and least favorite events to compete? Are these events the same as your favorite events, or your best events? My favorite events to compete are floor and vault. I like floor because it feels the most performance-like, and it's hard to fall on. I also like to compete vault because, for mysterious reasons, it isn't as nerve racking, and seems almost, natural? I don't know how to say this in english.

My least favorite event to compete is ,at the moment, beam. I really HATE falling at competitions, and I am not the best at shaking it off and moving on, although that is improving. In the first third or so of the season, my beam routines occasionally resemble a stalk of grass quivering in the wind, hee hee.:p

My best event is bars, which I am okay with competing, but beam is not my best event, so that may be why I don't like competing it. I just don't get beam sometimes. Since I first started gymnastics at age 6, I always felt really stupid on beam. I stand there thinking " this is stupid. I am trying to go backwards on a 10 cm object 1.2m off the ground, why exactly?
Anyway, what are your favorite/least favorite events to compete and why? Also, does anyone have any tips for competing beam? BYE!

I only compete beam floor vault so no bars and I really like competing floor, I find it really fun! I don't really like competing beam even though I like training it as I get a bit nervous. Vault I like competing especially first as i run my nerves out

Floor is definitely my favorite event to compete. In practice, I might be really tired and not do as well as I'd like to but when I'm competing, the rush of adrenaline gets me through it and it feels amazing.
I like bars too but because I don't get as high scores because I don't have many superiors (High School gymnastics) but for Prep Op, I've gone to one meet and I was really nervous so I fell twice. At my upcoming meets I expect I will do better :)
Beam is probably my least favorite because its either really good or really bad. It depends on how shaky I am.
Vault... I don't even compete vault yet because I am still working on my front handspring.

I love competing bars because they're my best.

I do not mind competing vault, but I'm never super pumped up for vault either.

I always get somewhat nervous for floor since I don't overly enjoy performing while many people are watching me & I always feel like everyone is watching me on floor.

I just want to get on & off the beam as fast as I can without falling!

I don't like competing bars. It's just hitting that last handstand and sticking that dismount.
My second least favorite would be floor, to tiring for me!
Then vault, because I really don't feel very much pressure with it and it goes fast.
Surprisingly, I love competing beam! Though I strongly dislike falling, I'm really good at moving on from it and putting it outta my mind.

I always loved to compete beam! i would get so nervous, but I used those nerves to keep me focused and present. just catch your breath and do your best! :)

I love Bars right now I got my skills quickly on them

Then it's vault or floor their both fun for me because I love round off backhand springs, and vault it's just fun!

Then it's beam I'm not bad I Don't hate it but, falling freaks me out I'll go for skills but I don't want to croch the beam :p

My favorite to compete is floor.

My best event is Beam.

And my favorite (and worst) is bars.

I'm a mixed up gymnast.

My least favorite event in general is vault and i'm mediocre.

I love competing on floor. On meet days I always have so much power and adrenaline. It's just so... fun!
My least favorite to compete is beam. I like beam a lot at practice, but at meet I ALWAYS get super shaky. I'm not even scared, my body just shakes.
I think my 2nd favorite to compete is bars because I actually have a pretty good routines. For some reason the other level 6s have trouble, but I love bars! It's so awesome when someone I don't even know will complement me on my bars.
Vault is just sorta... there. I don't hate it, don't love it. I'm only a level 6, so it's super boring to vault.

my daughter loves beam. She is one of the best, always getting high 9's. She won an award for beam queen at her gym. She dislikes bars very much, she is weak upper body wise.. She gets on bars quick,and gets off quick. Her scores for bars level 5 were high 8's and mid 9's, level 6 were 7's and some 8's.. big change. She performs great on floor but has slow tumbling. Vault is ok, she runs mediocre, she needs to run faster!

1) Floor- I really like to compete floor because I'm a dancer too and my music is fun and dramatic. When I hit by first two passes it fantastic because I think my 3rd pass takes a little less energy. But I am DEAD by the end!

2) Beam- I LOVE beam in practice and its my best event. I would do it the whole practice often if I could but its only my second favorite to compete because I often get shaky which can lead to falling and who likes to fall? Just gotta stay confident!

3) Bars- I've never been very good at bars but I really enjoy release moves.

4) Vault- Vault is just vault but I should enjoy it when I get my new vault.

Since I first started gymnastics at age 6, I always felt really stupid on beam. I stand there thinking " this is stupid. I am trying to go backwards on a 10 cm object 1.2m off the ground, why exactly?

First, I'd like to say I LOL'ed at that ^ part about feeling stupid on beam. :D I totally agree!

My favourite event to compete would be definitely floor since I don't really get nerves and there isn't anything to fall OFF of. I mean, I could fall from a tumbling pass or trip over my own feet, but it's way better than falling off beam or bars, for some reason!
My least favourite event would be either beam or vault. I get the worst nerves on beam. No matter how much I tell myself it's going to be all right and to be calm, my entire body just rejects the command and shakes like a leaf. It's involuntary. :no: Ack! Not to mention the feeling I get in my stomach when I know I'm going to fall, then falling, falling. Oh, and the anxiety waiting for the judges to give you the green flag is just plain unforgiving and more cruel on beam than on any other event.
Vault is my worst event and I always manage to mess up in competition. I always worry about having a bad run and getting that feeling telling you your run is off. Bleh.

And bars...is just there. I am very neutral about it, unless I have a massive (okay, even the tiniest) rip, I want to just give a good hard kick to the bar set and skip it. :mad:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back