Favorite time of year

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

skschlag

Staff member
Gold Membership
Proud Parent
I just love this between season time, where one minute (ie last week) your kid is stuck and frustrated and the next minute (ie the last 2 days) they are flying high and excited.

In the last 2-3 days, my ds has managed to get his magyar on pommel (no handles) his giants on strap bar, and done his flyaway off pbars. (he has done flyaway before but stopped during the season). He is so excited to go to gym now!

Also, since he has had to switch his lead foot on his front handsprings and change his twisting direction, he was really frustrated. He finally got his front step-out front handspring on the resi, and his front full on tumble track into the pit. This has been a long, frustrating change for him, so some progress is great to see!

Yes! Good for him! I like the no pressure summer season, too. Is a magyar a loop? I'm confused. That's something my son has been working on, too. I'm kinda jealous, cause I'm working at the desk so much I don't get to see anything my kids are doing. I just hear about it. Brother and sister are VERY competitive....our drive home goes like this...."I got so and so tonight". " oh, yeah? Well I did so and so..." Good times... :D

Wow, lots of accomplishment! He must be thrilled. My son is also really enjoying his uptraining, especially now since they have a better idea of what they'll be competing. But I think mostly he loves being back at the place where he's expected to fall off of everything on almost every attempt.

As best I understand the magyar, they do loops from one end of the pommel to the other (front loops maybe?) Heck, I don't know! LOL!

We still have no clue what level D will be or anything, so it is really just for fun right now. Oh...and lots of conditioning :)

Wow, congrats to your DS! I have no idea what a magyar is but I am sure I will find out soon enough. Azgymmiemom, my kids do the exact same thing on the way home! Funny thing is my DS (7) who has been doing gym for no more than 1 year is doing (or attempting) things my DD would never even think of trying! And she has been at it for almost 5 years and is 12. Go figure!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back