WAG FHS Vault -- starting measurement?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My dd JO2 doesn't have a number. She said when they vault they start at different places on different days. They don't compete at level 2 so maybe that's why.

Not that I compete, but I've never had any numbers nor step counting. I eyeball a decent distance (which in my gym, is actually out the door because it's not long enough for a runway unless we open the doors and put mats outside xD) and then adjust as I run if I have to. 95% of the time, I can guage a good distance. Although when it comes to other things, like doing a roundoff just before a mat, I'm absolutely awful, I miss half the time!

I can see that in a competition setting, it's important to know that you've got your distance right the first time. It makes sense to have a specific number in that context.

We always start sprinting from the table and after we set enough steps, we hurdle and land. Our landing place is our starting place, or the line closest to it. Then in warmups we see if its right and if it isn't, we start running with our other foot. In your DD case, she probably wasn't accelerating evenknie throughout the run, that can mess up steps pretty bad

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back