WAG First Gymnastics Meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Splat

Coach
Gymnast
MY gym just had their first gymnastics meet last weekend and we have another one this weekend. The girls on my team were very negative going into the meet and weren't expecting to do well. They did fairly well and scored in the mid 8s on most events and many did skills that they had been struggling with at practice, however many didn't place above 5th place and some didn't place. This caused many of them to tell others that they are horrible at gymnastics and it was a bad meet which it wasn't. These girls didn't really consider how they actually did and only looked at placing. We had a talk with the coaches after the meet about how they think we did well and that we shouldn't just look at placing, however you could still tell that they all thought they did horrible. Is there anything I could do as a teammate to help try and get ride of this negativity towards how they compete? If you were in this situation how would you try and help or if you thought you did bad at a meet what would reassure you that you didn't?

Reactions: sce

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back