First L5 meet videos

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I really thought her vault look better than what her score reflected. But what do I know? That is the one event that I don't think I will ever understand how it is scored!!

She looked great! I, personally, don't see the things that you said the judges deducted for on her floor routine. Judging is such a bizarre, terrifying thing to me, lol! Her beam was especially pretty. She has such long limbs, and she uses them so gracefully! She's gonna have a great season!!

It looks like she is off to a great start to her Level 5 season! You should be very proud.

I sat through 3 sessions of level 5's this past weekend and I think the scores are about where I'd expect them to be. They really deduct those little things hard in level 5 like holding handstands on beam for the full 1 second, holding that dismount for 2 seconds, holding the scale etc. It was tough to get anywhere close to a 9.0 in the sessions I sat through. I always think it's better for the judges to be extra tough at the the start of the season. It's harder for the girls when they are lenient and then the girls get disappointed when they get better, but the scores don't go up.

She did great! She has such beautiful long lines. I think her floor was really nice and underscored. Vault and bars, too! Those Judges Cup type meets are usually harsh scoring. I think she will have a great level 5 season!!

I think she did a fantastic job. And I agree with the other ladies. The first thing I noticed was her long arms and legs. She has very pretty, long, delicate lines. I wish I could have seen her floor. For some reason, the last link took me to the vault again, instead of floor. But the other three events I did see, I thought she did great. She should be so proud of herself
Never mind, I snuck back into the other thread about her meet. (i had already responded to it, and you posted the video in it after). Sorry, I get stuck on stupid at times.
I thought her floor was beautiful.

Last edited:
Good start for her, regardless of the scores! Judges' Cup seems to always be scored tough (was for our level 5's a few weeks ago). Good luck to her!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back