First Level 6 Meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My daughter had her first level 6 meet. I was super pleased that she managed to not fall as she has been struggling with certain skills. I haven't seen her practice much since last year so I was amazed at how much her vault has improved as it traditionally has been one of her worst events. She is still struggling with her bars and did not have her best day on beam but overall was a good first meet at a new level.

Vault - 9.3
Bars - 8.0
Beam - 8.7
Floor 8.75

20110925_154848.m2ts - YouTube

Thanks for watching!
Dawn

Wonderful start to L6!! Some little things that she'll clean up and get those 1st meet nerves out of the way. Nailed the bwo on beam---awesome.
Bar score will go up once she's not spotted by the coach. Tell her to remember that at L6, the judges expect all those L5 skills to be done really well.

She looked great! I'm trying not to worry DD's first level 6 meet (it's still 5 weeks away). She's got all the skills, but all that 'clean-up' stuff adds up with the scores. It's so exciting to see them really start to grow with the skills though.

She did great! I also thought the bars score was low until I saw the who the judge was sitting there. LOL

Glad she had a good first meet-good way to start off the season:). L6 bars is harshly scored IMHO all she can do is keep plugging along at it.

She did great! I also thought the bars score was low until I saw the who the judge was sitting there. LOL

So I have heard. Everyone who is local and sees the video says that he is a REALLY tough scorer. Oh well, I'd rather that than some "fluff" score. Now she has something to work towards and believe me, she didn't like her score either so I have noticed her working a bit harder in practice this week ;-)

Wonderful start to L6!! Some little things that she'll clean up and get those 1st meet nerves out of the way. Nailed the bwo on beam---awesome.
Bar score will go up once she's not spotted by the coach. Tell her to remember that at L6, the judges expect all those L5 skills to be done really well.

Thank you! Really good advice too. She has been working really hard on her bars this week as she was not too thrilled with her score. I noticed tonight that her low bar casts were a lot higher (still need work on high bar) and that her free hip was almost the required 30 degrees on about 1/3 to 1/2 of her efforts. She is now doing the fly away by herself, but is still letting go WAY too early so she still needs a bit of work on that. Thanks for watching and for commenting

Great job Emma, for the 1st meet of the season! Hey, I recognized where her meet was right away! ;) We live in the same state. LOL My DDs first Level 6 meet is on the 16th....the Acorn Meet at Northstars. Are you going to that?

Also, I watched Emma's state meet as well from last year, great job and her bars were awesome! We were there as well, and couldn't find my kid in the background. haha They musta been in different squads.

Best of luck to Emma this upcoming season and maybe we'll see you at a meet!!! ;)

Congrats to your dd on a fabulous 1st meet :). Level 6 is tough with lots of emphasis on form. I'm sure that every meet she does will be even better than the last :)

Congrats to your dd on a fabulous 1st meet :). Level 6 is tough with lots of emphasis on form. I'm sure that every meet she does will be even better than the last :)

Thanks! Unfortunately she struggles with form and straight legs so she is going to have to start paying attention to these details more as she is finding out ;-)

Emma did a great job!! My daughter's first level 6 meet is the Pumpkin Cup in 2 weeks. Keeping our fingers crossed that they (twins) both do a good job and hit all their skills. BTW, love the cute pink leo.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back