first level 7 meet saturday

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

The good luck fairies worked last time for level 6 so I thought I would try again for my DD's first level 7 meet coming up saturday. I just want her to have fun and get experience performing her own routines. I am very proud of how she has handled the stresses of scoring out of level 6, learning level 7 routines and in the middle of it all going to Texas without me for the TOPs camp. She "sprained" her wrist doing a backhandspring on beam this week and are hoping that it will be better by saturday...of course if it worsens then we will scratch. Thank you:)

Wishing her the best of luck! She must be very talented if she was just at TOPs camp and I'm sure will have no trouble with Level 7. Was she there for A camp? Very exciting times for her I am sure! I hope that the wrist is completely better soon.

I hope her wrist is healed by saturday. And I wish her all the best for her first L7 comp. Keep us posted on how it all goes. And way to go, going to TOPS camp

Thank you Megley and Deanna. She was at the TOPs A camp and had a great time. I am trying not to talk about the upcoming meet so as not to put too much pressure on her. As long as she has fun then we will count it as a success :)

That is the attitude we took for my dd's first Level 7 meet a couple of weeks ago and everything worked out fine. I'm sure it will for your dd too! Let us know how it goes.

I'll wish you luck if you wish Olivia luck, too!! ;) She has her first level 7 meet Saturday as well. It's an exciting time for them at this level, finally getting to do their own routines. Olivia was injured for over 2 months and is just now getting some skills back. Congrats to your dd on TOPS camp. She'll do great this weekend! I told Olivia to go out and have fun, don't worry about the scores, just do your best. So, we'll see how it goes. Good luck!!

nettyinpa..thank you. Good luck to Olivia saturday. We are going to the doctor today to make sure everything is o:k. She is determined not to miss her meet on saturday. Hopefully she will still be able to go.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that she gets the okay to go! Sitting out at a meet is rough. Olivia had to do it a couple times and you could just see the look of "I really wish I was out there" on her face. Keep us posted!

nettyinpa..thank you. Good luck to Olivia saturday. We are going to the doctor today to make sure everything is o:k. She is determined not to miss her meet on saturday. Hopefully she will still be able to go.

So what did the doctor say?

The doctor took an xray and didn't find any problems:). She went to practice today after taking a break yesterday and says it is still sore but plans to compete tomorrow. I will let you know after the meet how she does.

UPDATE on level 7 meet. My DD overall had a great meet. Had a fall on her bars (pike/squat on) and also had a fall on beam on her BHS but still ended up with 2nd all around, 5th of beam, 2nd on vault, 3rd on bars and 3rd on floor. She is still having some pain with her wrist. Nothing showing up on xray but will have a follow up visit in a couple of weeks with ortho it it doesn't get better. She was dissapointed with herself but I think she did great and it is a learning lesson for her that she will not always be 1st all around.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back