WAG First Level 9 meet this weekend

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

shelovestoflip

Proud Parent
My daughter isn't showing stress but I am internally stressed!

I don't know the specifics of Level 9....feel like I hear people talking about bonus skills?? But I'd be pretty sure she is doing the very basic stuff :)

It all causes me stress to watch!

Wish me luck to watch!

Good luck to your daughter! I'm sure she will do great! My mom was very stressed when I started competing level 9 (many moons ago, I'm old!) and she told me that I probably wouldn't do too well and that she would be proud of me no matter what. I ended up winning all around and my mom never tried to tell me what to expect before meets again.

Good luck to your daughter! I'm sure she will do great! My mom was very stressed when I started competing level 9 (many moons ago, I'm old!) and she told me that I probably wouldn't do too well and that she would be proud of me no matter what. I ended up winning all around and my mom never tried to tell me what to expect before meets again.
My DD seems to always do well in the meets where I give her the "I'll be proud of you no matter what" speech too...

My daughter isn't showing stress but I am internally stressed!

I don't know the specifics of Level 9....feel like I hear people talking about bonus skills?? But I'd be pretty sure she is doing the very basic stuff :)

It all causes me stress to watch!

Wish me luck to watch!

My dd has her 1st L9 meet this weekend too and my palms are already sweating lol. Ill say a prayer for you dd too, I have a feeling I'll be saying a lot of them :). Best to your dd this weekend!

What a wonderful way to start her 1st Level 9 season!

My daughter placed 1st AA with a 33.5. She was so proud! She really didn't know what to expect....she nailed her yurchenko, and had an amazing floor routine. 1st on both events. Beam she had a fall and her connections were iffy but she still felt pretty good. Bars are always a struggle but she was clean with what she did overall.

Vault was stressful to watch....somehow the yurchenko seems scarier than the tsuk! Back tuck scares me on beam.....releases on bars....forget it...I should just close my eyes!

She was so happy!

Overall, I feel like she can only go up from here!

Thanks for the good luck...I survived watching (though not sure it will be any easier as the season progresses!

Congrats to your daughter. First overall is so fabulous!

And, congrats to you for making it through as well :)

What a wonderful way to start her 1st Level 9 season!

My daughter placed 1st AA with a 33.5. She was so proud! She really didn't know what to expect....she nailed her yurchenko, and had an amazing floor routine. 1st on both events. Beam she had a fall and her connections were iffy but she still felt pretty good. Bars are always a struggle but she was clean with what she did overall.

Vault was stressful to watch....somehow the yurchenko seems scarier than the tsuk! Back tuck scares me on beam.....releases on bars....forget it...I should just close my eyes!

She was so happy!

Overall, I feel like she can only go up from here!

Thanks for the good luck...I survived watching (though not sure it will be any easier as the season progresses!

What a wonderful relief for you! Nothing beats winning after all the hardwork and anxiety. I used to get headaches when the meet was over. I was convinced I was allergic to chalk until some other mothers claimed they had headaches too and believed it was from stress!

I've only watched my daughter compete once in the last two years. I saw her at L8 states. My husband brought her to L8 regionals (great results) and to her first L9 meet last year (2012). We switched gyms and she pretty much forfeited the rest of L9 but new coach let her compete L9 states which again my husband took her. So I am so excited and nervous. But of course there is always a hitch. Not knowing when exactly my daughter was going to compete, I agreed to have my youngest (8 yo) participate in a charity event for a Toys for Tots. Now both falls on the same day! But my youngest will only be dancing in one number and the show is 3 hours long. Again, I may have to stay home! :-(

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back