First level C meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi there! A few weeks ago I posted a thread where I asked your opinions about competing before having all the skills. I wasn't sure if I should let three of my girls compete for the first time in level C or not.

Well, we went to the meet and they did great! I didn't expect them to score well because we have A LOT of cleaning up and polishing to do, and the girls just learned the routines anyway. I was expecting scores under 6 in all events, but they surprised me and scored a little bit better!

Their first event was a beam. There was also 4 other girls from our gym in the level C, but they have a different coach and they've competed at least a year. Well, all of my girls fell once (from cartwheel) but the tiniest one almost sticked it but jumped down after getting both of the feet on beam! I guess she was just nervous. Their split jumps were also too small but otherwise they did great, but scored still under 6. But I wasn't really upset about this because the other 4 girls scored under 6 too.

On the vault they rocked! Sara and Roosa scored 7.5-8 and little Emma 6-7. Their vaults were tight and nice, but they can't "fly" after the handstand yet. We'll start practicing that part more.

On floor Roosa and Emma did better than never before! They didn't fell at all and they remembered even all the little dance parts! I was so proud of them! Sara, who usually is very good on floor, fell two times (after front handspring and when jumping to handstand forward roll from squat position) but her leaps and dance parts were so beautiful and her split leap was perfect 180 degrees. Roosa and Emma scored 7-7.5 which was better than some of the longer-competed-girls' score. Sara got under 6.

On bars (high bar and straps on!) they did better than ever at practices. All of them did baby giants by themselves but Sara fell from back hip circle! She has never done that before, not even in level B, and usually her back hip circle is almost perfect. Well, she scored under 6. Emma did one tap swing too much at the beginning of the routine and one swing less than should at the end of the routine, but still scored 6-7! Roosa scored under 6 because of low tap swings.

All in all I'm so damn proud of them! They were very confident and didn't wobble more than usually or anything. They were happy and smiled all day long. I can't wait the next competition in 2012!

Nice work coach! It sounds like you did a great job of preparing them physically but also mentally for a challenging meet with new skills and routines. Those little ones are just too cute!

WTG to your girlies. Sounds like they did great. And it's awesome that they have such a great coach.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back