First post!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

2littlegymmiesmom

Proud Parent
Hi all this is my first of what I hope will be many posts. I have been reading on here for a while and found this sure to be a wealth of helpful information as we start on this crazy gymnastics adventure.

I have 2 DD's in gym. One is 5 and on the lowest level of Preteam slated to move to the next level this summer. She started rec at 3 and as soon as she turned 4 was placed on the Preteam due to her strength. She does well enough at gymnastics, is very strong but doesn't always focus so mastering skills is taking awhile. She isn't quite as dedicated and motivated as her older sister. Some days she loves it, others not so much but she's only 5 and there's plenty of time. I think this summer when she's there around 8 hours a week will really help her decide. If she loves it, great we will stick with it, and if not the she can do an hour a week rec and pursue other sports. Only time will tell.

My oldest DD is 7 and like her sister started in rec classes for about one session and was quickly invited to Preteam. She absolutely loves the sport and her dedication and motivation amaze me. I think we are in it for the long haul with her for sure. Her coaches have told me she is the kind of kid they love to coach because she is very teachable and motivated. It's been a whirlwind with her for sure. Started rec, moved to Preteam, worked extremely hard to catch up to other girls who were ahead and pushed herself to master even harder skills and just this week was placed on team in a training group that's training 12 hours a week. We were told a couple of months ago she would probably compete 4 but we will see in the fall since they have just changed things and put her in a higher training group right now. No idea what level as it's summer up training but she's now working BWO's and back handsprings on beam, back tuck dismounts, flyaways, cast handstands, baby giants and layouts into the pit! I am in a state of shock! Lol. Very happy for her but reeling from the pace at which it's happening.! No matter what level she ends up at in the fall it will be exciting since it will be our first competition season ever and she is absolutely over the moon about officially being on team!

So that's my story and I am sure I will have lots of questions as we begin our journey and this seems like a great place to meet others in the gymnastics world and get advice!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back