WAG Flipfest with mental block?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymdoc

Proud Parent
YDD is 10yo, level 6. She is going with 7 teammates to Flipfest next week. However, she's been struggling with a mental block on back tumbling for about 3 months, and is worried that she'll be put in a different skills group than her teammates. Does anyone know how they separate them? Is it based on level or does she need to show her skills?

She can do a standing BHS and BT with someone standing there but won't connect it. She won't do anything backwards on beam. Bars is her current "happy" rotation, as she is working on stalders and giants. She really wants to make sure she gets in a group that will allow her to work those bigger skills on bars while at camp.

When they check in, they fill out a skills sheet and they are evaluated based on that. They are divided into 5 training groups, 1 being the highest.

Mine went to Flipfest a few years ago. If I remember this correctly, the girls filled out the sheet at check-in and were first put into groups based on what skills they said they have. Then they observe them in the 1st workout and change them around as needed. I remember this because one of DD's teammates (who was on her level) wrote that she was able to do a lot of advanced skills, so they put her in a higher group. After observing her in the 1st workout, they moved her back to DD's group. :D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back