WAG Floor Music Suggestions

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Love those both coachp!!! And, those songs fit will with the girls doing the routines too!! We're having a hard time trying to find age appropriate songs for my 9 year olds! They like the big dramatic songs, but they are too much for such little girls!!

Little girls I have seen use the wizard of oz, a melody from the smurfs or a movie little that ats dr suses songs. That might be to little for her though maybe try find one of of a barbie soudtrack. Tbh I got my old floor music from a barbie soundtrack and it was amaising! Good luck

Bah, if I wasn't on my phone....

We have a floor music thread, hopefully somebody with a mouse and keyboard can link it. I'll also be happy to give my recommendations when I get home tomorrow

I don't have a specific music for you but I do have advice. Do not pick one of the first things that come up on YouTube! Especially that Ariel music I hear that about 10 times in each meet. Also try to pick something that is not just repeating the same notes over and over, honestly it just gets boring. What I usually do is find a good song like my last one was from the band Escalla it's kind of like classical but much more modern. And last thing, remember to think about the judges too! They don't like boring! You have to make them look!

Ok, a few questions:
How old is she? What level? What sort of music does she like (other than pop)? Does she like to dance? Is she good at it? Is there a particular style of dance she likes? Answering any or all of these questions will make it much easier to narrow it down to a particular style.

Ok, a few questions:
How old is she? What level? What sort of music does she like (other than pop)? Does she like to dance? Is she good at it? Is there a particular style of dance she likes? Answering any or all of these questions will make it much easier to narrow it down to a particular style.

So I'm not sure if this post was for me or the OP, but yes, my daughters are having a hard time finding age appropriate songs. Their HC told them to start listening to a few to get an idea. They are 9, training level 7 and are 49" 49lbs- tiny!! As for dancing, they like to dance (anything but ballet) but are not the most graceful of people! Some of the songs they found that they like are, "animals", "requiem for a dream" and the trailer for "hunger games". All great music but very powerful and I don't want them to be swallowed by their music! They are not fans of cutesie stuff! Thanks! :)

So I'm not sure if this post was for me or the OP, but yes, my daughters are having a hard time finding age appropriate songs. Their HC told them to start listening to a few to get an idea. They are 9, training level 7 and are 49" 49lbs- tiny!! As for dancing, they like to dance (anything but ballet) but are not the most graceful of people! Some of the songs they found that they like are, "animals", "requiem for a dream" and the trailer for "hunger games". All great music but very powerful and I don't want them to be swallowed by their music! They are not fans of cutesie stuff! Thanks! :)

We just started choreography for our new optional girls routines so we have been all over the music sites! I like the incredibles from floorexpress. It was a suggestion for my tiny powerful tumbler. Gypsy rhapsody and chariot race from energym were suggestions for others in the gym.

Hm.... so something energetic, not too cutesy, but still "young" ennough for a 9-year old.

Try some of Zircon's stuff. The first two I'd look at are Calamitous Judgement and Dirt Devil, though all his stuff is worth checking out if you have time (and those tracks are free!)

Lindsey Stirling could also work. In particular, I'd take a look at Zizi's Journey, Spontaneous Me, Moon Trance (they're on itunes).

I'll keep an eye out for anything else good.

Start with floorexpressmusic.com and just listen. They finally have it where you can listen to the whole song demo instead of just :30. Pick the appropriate length, too, according to level or division (Xcel has different times than JO, and lower levels are shorter). Write down what you like as you listen. You'll know within 10-15 seconds if you like it, trust me. (also write down what CD and # the song is so you can find it again).

Next, try YouTube. Search "gymnastics floor music," make a playlist of the ones you like best. Go back through that list a day later, with your gymnast (don't forget her!), and delete half of them. Do this a few days in a row until you have your top 3. Try to find something everyone doesn't have, because it gets old at a meet to hear "300 Violin Orchestra" 6 times, or the one from Twilight over and over. And hip-hop is not for everybody!! Lindsey Sterling is very popular this year, as was Bond for the last couple of years. I made my daughter's this year using two versions of the same song that we found on YouTube. They were both too short, so I combined them and it is beautiful! Have fun listening! This is what compulsory gymnasts live for. :)

if you like requiem for a dream this is a slightly softer version by Escala

Thank you all for all the recommendations and where to start! I have a feeling this weekend will be filled with listening to music! haha

And to the OP, sorry to hijack your thread!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back