Floor Routines in General

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Definitely a way cut costs, but I could see how doing that year after year would get boring. Its so EXCITING for the girls to pick music and get choreography...even though I kow its expensive... I tell parents with what they spend on tuition, meets, leos, etc...spending $ on great choreography is worth every penny. I can see how it would work sometimes though....a lot of our JO kids pass on old routines to the prep opts at our gym- they ahve to buy the music for like 25.00 and pay the kid 50 or so for their time to teach them. Many of our preps want to cut costs- so it works for everyone. I can also see it working if the gym does not have a good choreographer to use.

Interesting idea for prep-op gymnasts.

Most of the gyms I've been at have choreographed routines for the L7's on up, generally keeping a routine for 2 years unless there is a level bump.

I've also been or seen a few gym use the same routine for L7's to cut down costs and time. Personally I don't like it, especially if a gymnast is going to peak out at that level.

I don't know the numbers on cost but a few years back 350-450 wasn't uncommon in NorCal. It was added into the yearly assessment for what they owed Boosters besides meets, bag, coaching fees and transportation, and leo.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back