WAG Front handspring step out into front handspring?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

One of my passes for my floor routine is a front handspring step out connected right into a front habdspring.
I've been having problems connecting the two skills. As I go into the second handspring, I rotate very slow and usually land with my legs very bent (almost like a squat position). I think my problem goes to my leg that connects the skills. As I get out of my front handspring step out, my leg usually comes down right away, and I don't reach out enough.. I have been doing lots of conditioning to improve. Any advice?

Bend your front leg more when you lunge into the first front handsprng. Keep your stepout foot/ leg high on landing. Don't put it down. The goal is to slightly over rotate the first front handspring so you land falling forward into the second one. If the foot comes down early, the rest is just muscling your way through trying to get the second one over. If you can hold that stepout leg up until your weight is in the right place, the second handspring will all but do itself.
Good luck

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back