Parents Gave our 30 day notice to our gym

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Committed

Proud Parent
Wow! That was really hard. I cried (Yeah, I am a big baby).

As a little background, DD has been at her gym for 4 years (she's currently 5yo, 6 next month). All the coaches and staff know us, even as far as greeting 2yo little brother and giving high fives. This year, since starting her artistic team, she has really gotten close to her coaches. The environment is very friendly and casual.
I took her coaches aside and told them that we were leaving, before I told the office. I thought this would be a surprise, but apparently the other gym called while we were doing our evaluation with them :eek:. They were sad, but understood DD needed to move if she wanted to be a "serious" gymnast.

I hate when emotions get in the way of things. I know the change will be good for DD. Her current gym (who just started competing artistic this year) is changing to Excel for next season. And her new gym competes up to L10 and has a TOPS program (I'm told) - and has students receive full ride scholarships.

My head and heart are in competition :(

When do you start at the new gym? We have switched twice, (kind of 3 times as one gym was away then back then away again), and getting used to change is always hard. It will probably be harder for you than for your daughter. Mine always got used to the changes very quickly. Stable at our "new" gym for 9 months now and not regretting it one bit. I miss certain coaches, and the nicer waiting area and snack bar at the old gym, but my daughter really doesn't even remember any of it (just turned 7). From your posts, it sounds like you are doing the right thing for her, which is most important in the long run. We too, had to look hard and be picky to find a good fit, though for different reasons. Good luck... it will be ok.

Our last day with our current gym in April 5th .... A day after her 6th bday. I wanted her to be able to celebrate with her team. You know how important birthdays are for the little ones!

yay, you! i think you did the right thing for your talented lil dd.. hope she loves the new atmosphere.. if she hasn't seen a lot of higher level gymnasts in action, she is gonna be in awe and you will love her face!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back