WAG Getting hurt outside of gym

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ivyagogo

Coach
One of my girls is in a cast. Her mom just sent me a photo. She fell off the swings. I just got another girl back who sprained her ankle and was on crutches for three weeks.

C'mon girls! Cut me some slack here and wrap yourselves in bubble wrap if you are going to do anything other than watch tv while sitting in a split. Please????

Annoying, but I think if they are going to have those kinds of injuries I'd rather they did it OUTSIDE of the gym than inside and I had to deal with feeling horribly guilty that it happened on my watch.... And not having to deal with the paperwork is a bonus too... ;)

One of my girls is in a cast. Her mom just sent me a photo. She fell off the swings. I just got another girl back who sprained her ankle and was on crutches for three weeks.

C'mon girls! Cut me some slack here and wrap yourselves in bubble wrap if you are going to do anything other than watch tv while sitting in a split. Please????
I fell sideways out of chair and dislocated my shoulder... try explaining that one to your coach (and to the ER doc) ;)

My son has broken his elbow and ankle while playing on playgrounds. Each of my kids have had one in gym injury - broken finger for DS, sprained ankle for DD2 and a "tweaked" back for DD1 (fell off the bars and scorpioned). After DS broke his ankle friends started asking if I was going to stop gymnastics for them. I was like, "um, this isn't a gymnastics injury. They have each had one gym injury; but most of the broken bones and stitches have been out of the gym!" (The outside of the gym injuries between the 3 kids include broken elbow, broken ankle, broken nose, 12 stitches on the head and several other more minor injuries.)

We have one girl on team who has injured her ankle several times doing silly stuff at recess and on the playground. I guess I would rather they get injured doing some serious stuff than goofing around..! It's always heartbreaking to see kids with injuries that prevent them from doing what they love though, no matter how it happened.

I tripped over walking in the gate at school and broke my foot which might I say is very annoy
1. It was two weeks before comp season
2. It still hasn't healed 4 months on
3. My coach just left for a 4 week holiday and we had a replacement coach

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back