Parents Gift for "retiring" gymnast?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GymnastMomX2

Proud Parent
My 13 year old DD has her level 8 state meet in just under 2 weeks. She's going in to high school next year and has made the painful decision to quit so she can do marching band next year. This has not been easy, and theres been lots of tears over the last couple months, but I think she's finally at peace with her choice. I'd like to give her something before or after the meet as a sort of retirement gift since its her final meet (she's not going to regionals even if she qualifies), but I'm not sure what. Anyone have any ideas? I was looking at some necklaces on etsy, but I'm not sure if she will want something gymnastics related or not? Thoughts?

Also, I didn't think it would hit ME so hard that this is her final meet, its just been so much a part of both our lives for so long. At least I still have my 6 year old DD who is only in pre-team.

What about making a quilt out of old meet/gym t-shirts? Or a shadow box with her last comp leo and grips?

I agree about the necklace. I think if you went that route, something not gym-related would probably be better. Maybe something saying "strong" (or similar) or something that means "new beginnings," and then you can maybe do something with her old gym stuff as a memento?

ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1489460965.087770.jpg
ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1489460976.461051.jpg

What about something like these?

a Mantra Band bracelet or Alex & Ani might be a good choice for jewelry. Maybe make a photo book of pictures for her to look back at? I also love the idea of a t-shirt or photo quilt.

I took all of dd's old meet tee shirts, sweat shirts, and warm up jackets and had a quilt made - Project Repat. She loves it!

I've had my eye on project Repat. They do great work! How did it work using both t shirts and sweatshirts in the same quilt? Would you mind posting a pic?

Maybe a photo book with pictures of her in gymnastics over the years....maybe with little notes from her gym friends in it too.

The quilt is cute, I also like the photobook idea.
I have made a few very nice leather bound memory books as gifts for a good price and the recipients were thrilled with them.
The site is very easy to use and you can get photos from Facebook and instagram accounts as well as upload.

Message me if you're interested in the site.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back