WAG Glasgow World Cup

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

hmmmm 13 on beam in the Novice ? What on earth are they doing to get that difficulty ? And 3 tarif on vault ! 1/2 on 1/2 off is not a novice vault in our county

hmmmm 13 on beam in the Novice ? What on earth are they doing to get that difficulty ? And 3 tarif on vault ! 1/2 on 1/2 off is not a novice vault in our county

What are they doing on bars to get DD 4.9 if giants are banned (were they?)

ETA: 1/2 on 1/2 off is a level 5/novice vault here. It's certainly not uncommon at that level...

Again it goes back to what we were saying about the system. BG really needs to sort out the lower levels and make it a fairer playing field. What is the point in my daughter, who trains 9 hours a week, trying to compete against girls who train 20+ hours.

I don't envy them their success, but the majority of BG members train less than 10 hours a week and they need some recognition.

What are they doing on bars to get DD 4.9 if giants are banned (were they?)

ETA: 1/2 on 1/2 off is a level 5/novice vault here. It's certainly not uncommon at that level...

Again this is why we need BG to standardise all the way to Level 7 !

Have a fab weekend Katie. Hope your journey up is uneventful. I think some of the gymnasts travelling up today had a bit of an 'interesting' journey :eek:

They have live streaming of the podium training on youtube in case you want a sneak peek!

Ooh espoirs have started!

Catherine Lyons floor- 14.350!! Currently 1.3 higher than 2nd place..

First round bars scoring low- 10.8 highest

I thought it was tomorrow, but managed to catch it - wonder if they realise there's people out there watching?

Rapunzel they're "espoirs", so all 12 or 13 in the year of competition (2000 and 2001 born)

Our elite system works by age;

Level 5- age 8 in year of competition (2005 born)
Level 4- age 9
Level 3- age 10
Level 2- age 11
Then espoir 12 and 13, junior 14 and 15, and senior 16+

Gymnastics tends to favour the tines, but there are a couple like Catherine lyons who are tall and elegant.

Anyone know where Georgia Mae is? Can't see he on the results, she definitely went up there..

double click on screen and then click on bars, beam, etc; in upper left corner.

Catherine Lyons was great wasn't she? And Teal as well, loved her "modern" floor routine. It was good to be able to watch the action at home.

Very nice to be able to watch it live, looking forward to the apparatus finals tonight, also will be good to see how catherine lyons does as a junior in March, so pleased to have tickets to the british as couldn't get any commonwealth tickets

Rapunzel they're "espoirs", so all 12 or 13 in the year of competition (2000 and 2001 born)

Our elite system works by age;

Level 5- age 8 in year of competition (2005 born)
Level 4- age 9
Level 3- age 10
Level 2- age 11
Then espoir 12 and 13, junior 14 and 15, and senior 16+

Gymnastics tends to favour the tines, but there are a couple like Catherine lyons who are tall and elegant.

Anyone know where Georgia Mae is? Can't see he on the results, she definitely went up there..

Think she's suffering with a tight hamstring at the moment so didn't compete!

We had a great time :)

We didn't stay for all the espoirs, only caught vault as dd was shattered. She was desperate to stay but was propped up by the power of skittles alone. I heard the live streaming was good so we'll sit down and catch up with that at the weekend.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back