WAG Glitter!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Mommyo2az

Coach
Proud Parent
Judge
so coach gave the OK for the girls to add glitter to meet hair. DD is extremely excited, me not so much. Where does one purchase hairspray glitter? What brands are good? Any tips for not glitterizing my house, car, everything she touches? Thanks!!!

I bought the glitter hairspray that I used when I competed off of amazon, it's called "Joico Gold Dust Shimmer Finishing Spray". I've found it works quite well and washes out no problem. It also doesn't seem to shed everyone. I would suggest spraying the glitter on your daughter's hair before she puts her Leo on because I'm not sure how well it would come out if it got on it as it is hairspray. I'm not sure if they sell silver glitter in this brand or not, I personally bought gold because my hair is blonde and I didn't want something too showy.

Reactions: sce
image.jpeg
Love hair glitter! This is what I use. I just get it at any beauty supply store. And if there is a way to avoid glitterizing the house, I am unaware of it. We accidentally got some on the cat last time...sigh...good luck!

I didn't want something too showy.
Good point. I like this brand because it's fairly subtle. You can't see it in video or even a picture really unless you're intentionally taking a pic of just the hair.
bought gold because my hair is blonde
And another good call! Puma Jr is also blonde, but I've always done silver since her leo is black and lime. Maybe I should mix it up though!

Good point. I like this brand because it's fairly subtle. You can't see it in video or even a picture really unless you're intentionally taking a pic of just the hair.
And another good call! Puma Jr is also blonde, but I've always done silver since her leo is black and lime. Maybe I should mix it up though!
All good points! My DD is brunette and will have her hair in a bun (with hairnets over bun). I was thinking I should get silver so it would show? I feel like if you are going to do glitter go big!? And really when do I apply? After she is dressed in leotard and jacket and cover her with something? I am afraid if we did it pre meet attire then it would get in and on everything!

We got ours at the tween accessory shops like Claire's, where I think the colors vary from silver to gold to pink to multi. I can't remember the brand. We have also used all the other brands listed. I find them all very pretty! Have fun with it! :)

All good points! My DD is brunette and will have her hair in a bun (with hairnets over bun). I was thinking I should get silver so it would show? I feel like if you are going to do glitter go big!? And really when do I apply? After she is dressed in leotard and jacket and cover her with something? I am afraid if we did it pre meet attire then it would get in and on everything!
I have her get dressed before I do hair and it's never been an issue.

Wal Mart carries it in their party aisle. My level 9/10 still insists on it...it must have magical qualities!!! :D. Spray it on outside!!! It seems to brush off easy, though. But who's really afraid of a little sparkle???
Claire's and accessory shops carry it, too. We usually stock up at Halloween when it's everywhere and cheap!!

It is so funny how our kids are so different. My kid would never wear glitter. She isn't a tomboy either. But she feels it can be a distraction. She wants to be a plain jane out there. Hard to do when the dang leo has at least 600 crystals on it, swear to goodness...:confused:

I second @Azgymmiemom - we always spray outside, even when it's below zero. ;)

But it'll still "shed" from her hair. Haven't found a fix for that, yet.

We also just go to a beauty supply store, though now I think I'll check Amazon next time. :)

our routine was, get dressed, do hair, put on bathrobe, go outside, spray with hairspray, spray with glitter spray, spray again with hairspray to seal.

ALL SPRAYING is done outside in our house. For the mess but also it sets my breathing difficulties off. The second coat or ordinary spray seems seal the mess in

Lol! Ok, that sounds more like our house. I'm actually going to miss States this year (feeling terribly guilty!!) so it will be interesting to see what the 'ol Pumster does with Jr's hair....
If it were me, I get her to another Mom or even her Coach. I know my limitations!

Sorry to hear you are missing States. I understand the guilt.

Lol! Ok, that sounds more like our house. I'm actually going to miss States this year (feeling terribly guilty!!) so it will be interesting to see what the 'ol Pumster does with Jr's hair....

I work one Saturday a month and sometimes can't switch around so I have missed meets-it stinks, sorry. I will share that one time my hubby took DD to his barber (a woman who has twins, now grown up) and she braided DD's hair. Win for everyone! The barber was so excited to do "girlie" hair, DD got braids which even I can't do and dad didn't need to stress or ask for help.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back