Parents Going to be a mom to two gymmies soon!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymmutti

Proud Parent
My oldest dd (almost 9) is starting her first season on team this year (level 5) and loves it. My youngest, like many siblings, has spent lots of time hanging out in the waiting area in the last year. She turned 5 in Feb. and in January I decided to put her in a rec class 1 day a week as well as swim lessons at a nearby place to keep her "entertained". My thought was that her sister got a lot of time to try out different activities before deciding that her goal was competitive gymnastics. I fought the urge to just put youngest dd on the same track to be easier on me and to try and allow her the same opportunity to explore. The problem was that after 1 novice rec class, the coaches moved her up a level. Suddenly she is in a class with older elementary kids, some of whom are almost double her height. She has begun to dislike the class and has told me she misses having kids her age and wanted to go back to the novice class. I finally pointed out our younger level pre-team group practicing (most of them are 5-7 years old) and asked if she would like to be in a class like that. She decided she did want to try out and was officially invited to begin next month (they work on level 2/3 skills). She is so happy! She has been flipping and doing handstands constantly since she tried out. This summer will be tough as she will practice in the mornings and older dd has afternoon practices - but we'll make it work.

oh my gosh, my first thought reading the thread post was that you were giving birth to twins!:)

Congratulations to your younger dd! That's rough that you have to drive to the gym twice, but it's great that you're giving younger dd the opportunity to do gym, too.

The gym is actually being great about the summer. They are going to work it out for me so that my oldest can attend the morning part of their full day summer camp (which is movies, arts and crafts, open gym, etc.) which ends at 1pm on the days she has practice. Then she can hang out in the locker room or in the waiting area until her practice starts at 2pm. That means I can drop her off on Monday and go to work and then on Tues/Thurs I can head back to the office and drop my youngest at her daycare after her class ends at 10am (and my oldest will be at camp). The gym has wireless and I can work from the gym from 8:30-10am) - so while I hate that I'll be driving in the car back and forth two times a day - I will be able to work from the office for the majority of the day. I am thankful I have the support of my manager and a job that allows me to work from other locations when needed.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back