WAG Good news! Updates!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Some of you might now that we had been having some struggles with my level 10 dd and her coach... Well more troubles and more problems kept happening, It was making me explode! Ill give a few details of the worst but I don't want to get too into it.

dd and a teammate were "expelled" from the gym after they wouldn't go for a skill. They were able to come back after the owner of the gym found out but the coach refused to train dd afterwards and it ended up with the coach yelling at me :0 At me! I couldn't believe it!

Later she was let in... Another one was the coach yelling at another girl saying that she would never be a good gymnast, it left the girl in tears! Oh and then she got in trouble for crying...

Anyway those are the worst two but other "episodes" had been happening...

Even though my dd didn't want to and I was unsure, I almost just took my dd to a gym 45 min away after consideration and all the advice I got on my other thread.

BUT... Great news in my book! It is unclear wether the coach quit or was fired a few days ago! So now a coach that dd adores is stepping up to the head coach position!!!

Oh and it seems that our former coach is applying at that gym 45 min away I almost took dd to! :0

Anyway, it seems almost too good to be true!

It does sound like that coach was treating the girls poorly and I am glad the head coach realized what was going on and made the situation right before losing a lot of good gymnasts. So happy for you!

So happy for you, its great that a good coach is taking over. However, I'm scared for the girls at his next gym. I don't begrudge anyone from making a living but I hope he changes quickly for the kids sake.

So glad it has worked out for your dd! I hated hearing the things your dd and the other girls went through with this coach. Hopefully they can all heal emotionally now and have some healthy coaching.

Must be a huge relief for you, your daughter, and everyone else at your gym! Coach sounded like a nightmare. Best of luck in the future; hope things turn out well! :eek:

Thanks everyone! I'm glad everything worked out for the gym and the girls but I'm scared for the girls at the other gym to! Hopefully the coach changes...

I think the other gym might ask him why he "left" the old gym, and that's when he'll have to explain. If he lies about why he left, then the gym will soon learn of his old ways and they'll probably make him leave too. I do feel bad for the other girls at that gym, but hopefully you'll get some new gymnasts at your gym after they realize how bad he is. Always a Silver lining! :) so happy for you and your dd!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News