Parents Good thoughts needed for CB parent

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So. Someone from gym delivered dinner to us tonight and mentioned that lots of people on CB were posting messages of support. So I figured I better look. Here is my reacti0n:

upload_2015-3-19_19-25-10.png

I am so humbled by this outpouring of love and concern!!! Thank many times over everyone.

So here's the short story. After my morning workout Tuesday (that would be the 10th) I went to work not feeling that great. A little after noon I decided I really felt too awful to stay at work. So I drove to an "urgent care" clinic in my neighborhood and told them what was going on. Apparently (I actually don't remember this, but as I related it to my wife on the phone) the person at the Urgent Care clinic said "you should go to the hospital." :confused:

So I did. Or attempted to. I got as far as the freeway entrance before the "discomfort" became an all-on heart attack. I passed out, my car kept going, ended up in a grassy ditch, airbags deployed and (apparently) doors automatically unlocked.

At this point I would have been done for if it had n0t been for my two guardian angels who were driving behind me. These two young adults said "is he okay? should we go help him?" And they decided yes. They came up to the car, called 911, assessed that I had no breathing and no pulse, pulled me out of the car, and began CPR. Yes, my guardian angels were fully trained in CPR!

EMS arrived a bit later, shocked me in to some kind of rhythm and took me to the hospital. The culprit was 100% blockage in one of the major veins. They cleared that and kept me sedated for awhile. I finally regained consciousness a few days later, and was released from the hospital on Tuesday.

Tonight one of our gym families brought us food.... and said I should check CB.

Again...... thanks to ALL of you for your kind thoughts and prayers.

So glad you're doing better but I can't believe Urgent Care had you drive yourself to the hospital! Oh my gosh---so glad you are okay!

I'm not sure what the disconnect was there. Perhaps I didn't describe my issue correctly. Perhaps I didn't understand them. I no longer remember the details. In fact I have no memory at all of that day or the day before.

I'm not sure what the disconnect was there. Perhaps I didn't describe my issue correctly. Perhaps I didn't understand them. I no longer remember the details. In fact I have no memory at all of that day or the day before.

Yeah, they needed to call an ambulance. Some better training might be in order for their staff....but glad you had 2 Angels at your side.

Incredible! So glad you are on the mend. I felt ill before my heart attack too. It's a scary to realize how ill you where after the fact.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back