Parents Good thoughts needed for CB parent

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Wow, what an ordeal! I am so glad you are back to tell about it yourself!! Prayers for continued healing. I bet you scared the life out of your family! Hugs and prayers to them, too.

And you want to know what upsets me most? I missed my daughter's meet last weekend, where she came in FIRST in bars, beam and AA!!
You are such a good Dad. Really glad you are doing well, so great to hear of those tow guardian angles. Crazy that the urgent care didn't call an ambulance for you.

Wow, quite the story! Very happy that you had those angels following you! Glad you are home now and recovering!! Awesome to hear about your dds meet, hope someone took pictures & video!! Welcome back to cb!! :)

I'm going to say one more thing about this and then I will move on.

Since hardly any of you have met me or know me beyond what I post here it is worth saying this. I make an effort to stay healthy. Until last week I did two 1-hour workouts a week with coaches from my daughter's gym. When the weather is better I am an avid bicycle rider. I will go out on a nice weekend day and ride from 25 to 50 miles. When the weekday weather gets better I usually ride 10 to 15 miles about 2 to 3 times before work. My plan for this year was to join a very large group ride that goes across the entire state of Iowa in 7 days (I've done this ride once before....and for those who may be familiar with it, it is called RAGBRAI). I'm not a sit-still kind of person. I may not have the best body shape or idea weight, but I make a pretty good effort. I see a doctor every year to check on my general health, including my heart and blood pressure.

And yet, here we are. I was moments away from death because of a heart attack. Some people have heart issues because of they're sedentary lifestyle. And others have issues due to genetics. I guess I fall in the second category. Don't think that a healthy lifestyle will always fend off heart issues. It just isn't true.

Agreed. I had a heart attack in my mid twenties. I had my wisdom teeth out while visiting my parents and flew cross country to where I was living. The pressure from the airplane pushed a virus into the hole. The virus attacked my heart and a week later I was in the ER. It was scary and painful.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back