Great Weekend

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

F

flippersmom

DD (L6) has a great meet this weekend. I only got to see her beam, then had to leave. She received her 3rd 9.5 of the season! Beam has definately become her thing. I wish I had video taped her on beam as a L4. She's come such a long way!

I left to go judge my first meet. It was actually a lot of fun. I was with another new judge, but we were always close on our scores and often had the same score and she was a coach, so I felt good about that. Only one girl cried - a level 4 - because she forgot her routine - not because of her score. I wish I had more time so I could get more into judging.

DD called when I was in judges room during open stretch. So was so excited, her goal was a 36 AA, and she exceed that and was 1st AA, 1st on BB, 2nd of UB, 2nd on floor and 4th on VT. And was shocked and actually asked her to repeat what she said. I was really happy for her with vault, that is sometimes where she struggles and she really must have had a great one. States is in 3 weeks. She's working hard, but to her it's just the meet between her and L7!

DD #2 had a swim meet on Sunday and also had 2 of her best times. A good weekend for everyone! Thanks for letting me share!

It sounds like all three of you had a great weekend. I am glad your judging experience went well and that your training paid off.

Must've been nice to see that lovely beam routine, but I am sure it was hard not to see the whole meet. SHe sure did a great job, nice that vault is coming along for her so well.

I didn't know you had a swimmer too, is she older or younger? Boy you must be busy!

Swimmer is two years younger, she's 10. She just started this summer and loves it, but we are taking it slow because she's the type that gets tired out from things rather quickly. She's going at her pace.

This is dd's 4th year competing, so leaving was too bad. I actually felt worse about it the night before then when it was time. Maybe because I knew she was off to a good start and she gave me a big hug before I left. She actually said I make her nervous on bars (she always does better at practice when I'm not there), and we've made an agreement for states I'll go in the lobby or outside or whatever. I get nervous watching, so fine with me.

Wow, congrats to her on such a great meet!!!! Congrats to you on your first judging success :)

Wow! Congrats to DD! Sounds like she had an amazing meet.

Judging would be so much fun. How long did it take you to go through the training?

What a great weekend all the way around! Personal bests, woohoo! Both your dds did awesome!! And congrats to you on your first judging assignment.

That's wonderful news--and great scores!!! Congratulations to your daughter and to you, for judging your first meet!! :)

Congrats to both of you!!! Your daughter for her awesome meet and you for making it through judging the first time! How exciting! Good luck to your DD at States and then onto level 7!! Congrats to your swimmer DD, too! :D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back