WAG Grips and Highschool

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Well first of all, I don't even know if I will have a chance to make the high school gymnastics team next year but I'm still going to try. Do you think coaches will want all the new members of the team to have grips?Will it make a difference in my chance to make the team?

I REALLY want to and I don't think my area has that many good gymnasts trying out, most are sticking with their clubs. I'm only a rec level 5 gymnast, but I have a whole year and I'm willing to work hard all the time. I won't be in highschool at the time but 9th graders have to do all the sports there.

Thanks so much for reading, and please give me any advice you can!

If you don't use grips now, then you probably don't need them to tryout. It shouldn't affect wether or not you make it on the team, I'm in high school gymnastics, and I don't use grips. If you do make the team I'm sure your coach will tell you if you need them.

Good Luck! :)

Thanks! I don't have practice many days each week right now so I have never thought grips were necessary but I will definitely ask the high school coach when the time comes.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back