Grips and wrists?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

L

loveforgym

Sorry i know there's a lot of grip forums. But I've had my grips for a few months (reisport velcro) and i have this problem. Whenever i do skills like jumping on the bar or circular motion ones my grips slide up and it hurts my wrist. They're constantly doing that and rubbing against it. Also my wrist feels really tight when i lean over the bar. Does anyone else have this problem?

oh i know what you mean, my grips have always felt tight when i lean over for a cast handstand, but its just something that you get used to. You might want to try tightening the writs strap slightly farther up your arm so the wont move or annoy your wrists.

I usually end up adjusting my grips a lot though, but its just like getting chalk before a turn on bars; chalk up, twist grips, shake arms, go. Thats my mind set. :)

They make a neoprene insert for English Bulldog velcro grips that also fits in the Reisport grips. I use this (with my Reisports) and wristbands and have had no pain since. I found it to be a very good solution for $8.

acc_w_neoprene_insert.jpg

Grip Accessories

To Gymnasticgrandkids i have these GK cotton wrist bands, but I think I will try the neoprene one's.. that might keep them from sliding up.

can anyone tell me... are neoprene wrist bands better than the usual terry cotton... this would be for boys grips. thanks for any help...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back