WAG Grips!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Flipomaniak

Gymnast
You'd think that as a level 10 I would have figured out what grips I like... but no, not really. So I have bulldogs and they stretch out so fast, they're also too smooth? I don't know if that makes sense but It just feels like I need to get chalk a lot. Does anyone have any recomendations?

Reisport or TenSport (Ten-0's version).
I like 501 Blues (also by Ten-0).
A lot of girls on here like Ginnasta.
There are so many to choose from :)

A few girls on my Xcel team bought grips even though the really don't need them. Now they all complain that they hate them and feel like the are going to fly off the bars using them. I personally never used them. I've tried, but I never liked the feel of them. I don't know what to tell my girls except if you want to use grips you have to keep using them to get used to the feel of them.

My DD is L8 and has Baille...she likes them. I've also heard good things about the US Glove brand.

A few girls on my Xcel team bought grips even though the really don't need them. Now they all complain that they hate them and feel like the are going to fly off the bars using them. I personally never used them. I've tried, but I never liked the feel of them. I don't know what to tell my girls except if you want to use grips you have to keep using them to get used to the feel of them.

I'm a 3rd year level 10, I've used grips since level 4... I don't think that's the problem...

My daughter is 6 and has Hot Shotz. She kept ripping, as did her teammates aged 6-8 years old. They are level 3 this coming season. Up training for level 4.

DD is small for her age. The smallest on the team. Working L5, competing 4.
She has GINASTA usa because they are small and soft. She hates grips though and hardly wears them.

Pea's coaches recommend Reisport double buckle. She got hers when training old L5 and just got a new pair (training L7) so they have held up for a while but coaches wanted them all to have 'back ups' now. She has never complained about them, but she has nothing to compare them too.

The whole grip thing you guys have in the US kind of passes us by. All our girls, even little rec girls start with palm guards. P&F got her first dowel grips at 7 when she was catching the high bar. It always seems odd to us that lots of your gyms wait to get them, outs learn all their skills wearing them from the get go.

DD has used Ginnasta and US Glove Hot Shots and has been happy with both. It may be just my imagination but they both seem very similar. She is currently using US Glove.

I must say Ginnasta's customer service is top notch!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back