Parents Grips

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Have you checked with her coaches? Some have a preference of brand, velcro vs buckle, etc. And some fit them for grips when they are ready. They're expensive, so best to double check before you shell out money for them. :)

That said, we like Ginnasta grips. Online. They are super helpful, too.

Reactions: sce
Have you checked with her coaches? Some have a preference of brand, velcro vs buckle, etc. And some fit them for grips when they are ready. They're expensive, so best to double check before you shell out money for them. :)

That said, we like Ginnasta grips. Online. They are super helpful, too.
How do the Ginnastas grips compare to U.S. Glove?

How do the Ginnastas grips compare to U.S. Glove?
My DDs first grips were US Glove, fitted by and sold at her gym. When those needed replacing we tried Ginnastas and she loved them. She switched from Velcro to buckle, but the difference between brands for her was the break-in time. The US Gloves took some practices to break-in, but the Ginnastas were good to go almost immediately.

Another vote for Ginnasta grips! My dd just got her grips a couple of months ago and at first we bought 10.0's. They were very well made but they were just not for her, she didn't like the way they felt, and finger holes really did a number to her fingers. We ended up ordering Ginnasta grips on the recommendation of another team mom and DD loves them, was able to wear them right away with no issues at all!

It also depends on age and size of gymnast. DD started with Pixie gips and now wears hot shots with leather cuff.
velcro pixies to double buckle hot shots.

When my dd started training for level 4, they were told to all get the same grips, Pixie Grips with the buckle. They measured them at the gym and told us exactly what to order. It made it easy for us! I'm not sure how long they stay in the Pixie grips, but I know at some point when they are older/bigger they move on to different grips.

GINASTA...take out. Of the bag, ready to use......
I don't see the larger girls wear them, but for the littles, perfect!

How are ginnastas for little girls doing bigger skills? Like Level 8/9? Still okay or do you need something else at that point. DD has never had them, but I would be surprised if she doesn't get them this summer.

How are ginnastas for little girls doing bigger skills? Like Level 8/9? Still okay or do you need something else at that point. DD has never had them, but I would be surprised if she doesn't get them this summer.

Our level 7's use them, and haven't seemed to have any issues with them. Of course they aren't doing release moves and such yet, so that might change things.

Just another option, (but probably no help at all.) My dd is finishing up level 9 and the only brand she's ever used since old level 5 are bailie beginner dowel buckle grips. They are very narrow. She has small hands. But she likes to feel the bar and they don't cover her whole palm. They aren't very thick either and don't take long to break in, except the finger holes always come way too small and have to be whittled out and sanded. They seem to hold up pretty well, too, and she uses them alot, including release skills. We get them from gripsetc.com. Like I said, they are much smaller and narrower than other grips I've seen, but she really likes them.

No grips here yet. Our coach is not a fan. Says the kids spend too much time fussing with them. She will be L6. (And coach has coached 9/10s without them)

So are those of you who have kids getting grips. Is it the coach saying get them or driven by something else. I would think if the coaches were saying get them they would have an opinion on what brand.......................

No grips here yet. Our coach is not a fan. Says the kids spend too much time fussing with them. She will be L6. (And coach has coached 9/10s without them)

So are those of you who have kids getting grips. Is it the coach saying get them or driven by something else. I would think if the coaches were saying get them they would have an opinion on what brand.......................
TOPS coach is saying get them and recommends the Hot Shots Single Buckle. Tried selling her on the Ginnastas just now and wanted no part of them.

DD is competing silver this year and will hopefully go to gold next year and start jumping to the high bar for competitions, etc. They've already been working high bar skills in the gym for a while. It seems like in our gym everyone gets grips when it's time to start jumping to the high bar, so the coach sent out an email a month or so ago saying it was time. She recommended the 10.0's and when those didn't work for dd, another parent said that HC recommended the ginnastas and they have worked much better for her so far. They still have silver state and regionals to go, so they are only using the grips for up training right now, not the routines they will compete at state and regionals. Some girls have other brands of grips as well, they don't really mandate which ones you buy, just recommendations, each girl is different so different brands seem to work for different gymmies.

Mine just got her first pair of ginnasta last week and was doing her full routine within 20 mins and loves them. I had gotten them as a backup pair for her Gibson grips... but now the ginnasta grips are her primary.

Ten.0 are good... but I didn't like them. They are pretty wide and I got a lot of wrist rips. Ginnasta are quick to break in, yes, but I know lots of girls IRL that hate them. Myself included. They got flimsy really quick (slippery) and we have a had a couple falls due to slipping (grip issue... we all changed brands and haven't peeled since). I like bailies double buckle, and a few girls use Reisport. For entering level 4 I would probably recommend a hot shot, pixie grip or bailie narrow.

A vote for English bulldog kipper grips! Excellent for small hands even for bigger skills... My dd has the single buckles.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back