Parents Groups?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ty’s Dad

Proud Parent
I come on for information and comment every now and then but as far as posting all the time I really can’t. My question is why do I have to post 30-50 times just to be accepted into a group?

Many groups have that rule because they want to make sure that the person is legit. Usually a person that isn't (and we have had them) can give themselves away at that point. groups are more intimate, and many people *know* each other well from this page. It is important for those who start them to keep them safe spaces.

So, a person has to post enough for group leaders to know who they are, be able to look them up, and allow them into a group that is open and sharing.

Many groups have that rule because they want to make sure that the person is legit. Usually a person that isn't (and we have had them) can give themselves away at that point. groups are more intimate, and many people *know* each other well from this page. It is important for those who start them to keep them safe spaces.

So, a person has to post enough for group leaders to know who they are, be able to look them up, and allow them into a group that is open and sharing.
All understandable

Welcome to the CB Lance. The social groups are the ones you are talking about. Whilst they run on our forum, we allow their creators to set the rules for them, sometimes groups are totally closed to new members, sometimes they have strict entry processes. These are usually to protect the group itself from crazies.

Over the years we have had a few real doozies here, in terms of crazy folk, the kind who you would prefer not to know to much about you, or your child. The social groups serve that purpose.

FOr that reason, we also do not tolerate fluff posts to get to a certain golden number. By 50 posts we pretty much can tell if a person is a good fit. Though, as evidenced recently, we can be terribly wrong.

I come on for information and comment every now and then but as far as posting all the time I really can’t. My question is why do I have to post 30-50 times just to be accepted into a group?
Lance, totally understand your pont. I’m pretty new as well, and also not huge poster. I resigned myself to the fact that it is going to take me some time to get any real amount of posts.

Welcome to the CB Lance. The social groups are the ones you are talking about. Whilst they run on our forum, we allow their creators to set the rules for them, sometimes groups are totally closed to new members, sometimes they have strict entry processes. These are usually to protect the group itself from crazies.

Over the years we have had a few real doozies here, in terms of crazy folk,
Lance, totally understand your pont. I’m pretty new as well, and also not huge poster. I resigned myself to the fact that it is going to take me some time to get any real amount of posts.

It took me over 11 years to get to my current post tally. :D

I say come on the forum and speak what is on your mind. Ask questions and be involved. You never know how many others are thinking the same questions that you are. The answer will never be known if no one asks. This should be a place for open discussion.

Over the years we have had a few real doozies here, in terms of crazy folk,

It took me over 11 years to get to my current post tally. :D
Lol

...Over the years we have had a few real doozies here, in terms of crazy folk, the kind who you would prefer not to know to much about you, or your child..

...FOr that reason, we also do not tolerate fluff posts to get to a certain golden number. By 50 posts we pretty much can tell if a person is a good fit. Though, as evidenced recently, we can be terribly wrong.

Really?! Was is someone who had been here a long time? Do the mods/admins post when someone is outed?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back