Guess it's my turn to say hello

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hello.....I'm the proud mom to an 11 year old who has finished her first season as a level 5. She's done gymnastics since she was two and competed level 4 for 3 years. Right now she is working on battling the fear monsters that have kept her from progressing like she would like. It's the back tumbling that keeps getting her from time to time. Her current goal is to compete level 5 next season with hopefully more success.

Welcome!!! I too have an 11 year old that just finished competing her first season of level 5 as well. She too has fear monsters that she is battling and it is on backwards tumbling as well. She did all star cheer from ages 6-9, then switched to gymnastics. She is progressing on all the other skills fairly quickly but the backwards tumbling is her nemesis. So, I know exactly what you are going through!!!! This is a great place--glad that you joined!!

Welcome..... that back tumbling fear gets to most of them at one point or another!!! Hopefully she's got some great coaches working her through all of this. I think most of us have "been there, done that" with our girls!

Welcome! I also have a L5 gymmie who struggles with back tumbling...there seem to be lots of us! :)

Welcome. I think all our gymnasts struggle with something. Sounds like she is set for level 5 this year so good luck. It is nice to find others going through the same thing.

Hi,
I also have an 11 year old level 5. Although she has no fear of back tumbling she has fear of many other things....like a handstand on the beam. You just never know. There have been many girls at our gym struggling with back tumbling and they do eventually overcome it! I look forward to hearing how she is progressing!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back