Parents Gym vs. Gymnast

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Lkgymom

Proud Parent
I ask this particularly of experienced parents - have you ever found out or felt that the gym was significantly putting its own interests before the gymnasts? How have you reacted or how do you handle it?

I think the majority do, to varying degrees. They're for-profit businesses, after all.

(with the exceptions of YMCA, community rec programs, etc.. But even they have reputations which help drive revenue)

And, they have a wide variety of their kids in their programs to think of. Chances are, in meeting the needs of the majority, they may miss the mark for a kid or two.

I also don't think the two are mutually exclusive (gym vs kid interests). Sometimes (often?) what is best for the gym is best for the kids, and vice versa.

As a rule, I don't think they're out to harm kids, either... except in rare cases (see: recent news reports).

As i.c.o. says, they are for profit. They put their interests first. And they should. Hopefully part of their philosphy and business is doing right by the kids.

As a mom, I put my kid first.

I found the gym where the way they do business, works for my child and our family.

When our firsts gym way of operating didn't work for my daughter and our family we moved.

If this gym changes in a way that no longer suits us, it will be time to move on.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back