Gymnastic Rings Levesl Requirements

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi, I'm training gymnastics for some time and I searched the internet to find out more about it, I found out that there are levels 1-10, but I've never fonud list of elements for routine for each level and how can I know on what level I am.

I like rings and I would like if someone could or post here or give me a link or somethiong where I could find out routines for each level for rings. I know that routines differs from gym to gym, but I think that they are similar so example for some would be nice. I allso know that from level 7 above gymnast can make his own routines but they must allso be some rules about how routine should look for levels above 6.

c'mon...this is getting a bit nutty...do you live in the kornegal valley or something?:)

go to youtube and type in what level rings you wanna watch. it's all there!

i like milk! anyone know where i can go.................................................................:confused:

I found level 1-4 routines, and 7 and 8, no others and from 7 above they are free routines there is no explanation of how to chose your routine what difficulty should it be.

hey Geoff, i can't find my compulsory CD. do you have 1 that you can upload here for this guy?

Got it at home, not sure if I know how to upload videos from it.

7sedam7, are you from the US? If so, I can give you a quick rundown when I get home tonight.

I have no idea what the levels are there. Does the Croatian gymnastics federation have a website for technical materials?

geoff, i can not find the CD. i have looked and looked. i think it would be useful for 7sedam7. anyone else that does boys have it?

i can't wait for someone to invent a memory stick that you plug in your ear and download all this kind of stuff...:)

if you have been training for some time I can't imagine you have been living under a rock for that time. Just being in the gym training alot of these you should have been exposed to. Your best bet Ask your COACH. The coaches that do team have all that info and can direct you to the info you want to know.

they are different, but I would like to know about levels in your country

Level 4 rings routine:
Pull up, lower to hang, pike hang, swing, swing, inverted hang, inverted pike, (back lever for bonus), german hang, drop.

Level 5 rings routine:
Muscle up (can be spotted with no deduction), backward roll to inverted pike, (back lever for bonus), german hang, pullout, cast, swing, inlocate, swing, straddle flyaway

Level 6 rings routine:
Pull to inverted hang, cast, swing, back uprise, L-hold, backward roll to inverted pike, back lever, german hang, pullout to inverted pike, cast, swing, inlocate, inlocate, swing, dislocate, dislocate, layout flyaway

Level 7 rings routine:
Pull to inverted hang, cast, swing, back uprise, L-hold, press to tucked planche, lower to L-hold, press to handstand with feet on straps, lower to shoulderstand, bail forward to inlocate, inlocate, swing, dislocate, dislocate, layout or double-back

Level 8:
Same as FIG, but with only 8 counting skills and an A dismount

Level 9:
Same as FIG, but with only 8 counting skills and a B dismount

Level 10:
Same as FIG, but with a C dismount

For levels 8-10, basically you want to maximize your score and bare in mind you can only connect 4 strength moves in a row besides try to get your required dismount value.

Look up the FIG manual for men's gymnastics

Basically, lever movements are A level skills worth 0.1. Front/Back Lever, HS, L-sit. A MU used to be an A and may get a non defined group A. Uprises are typically an A. A bent arm press HS is another A.

For A B (0.2) movement, you need a cross, straight arm press HS. Straddle planche is another B. A hard B but all B's are so much harder than the A's. Swing to basic str move will often get you a B level skill.

C 0.3 Inverted Cross HS, straight body planche. Nakayama/Pineda (lever to cross).
D 0.4 Maltese, Azarian Cross
E 0.5 Victorian

For levels 8-10, basically you want to maximize your score and bare in mind you can only connect 4 strength moves in a row besides try to get your required dismount value.

Look up the FIG manual for men's gymnastics

Basically, lever movements are A level skills worth 0.1. Front/Back Lever, HS, L-sit. A MU used to be an A and may get a non defined group A. Uprises are typically an A. A bent arm press HS is another A.

For A B (0.2) movement, you need a cross, straight arm press HS. Straddle planche is another B. A hard B but all B's are so much harder than the A's. Swing to basic str move will often get you a B level skill.

C 0.3 Inverted Cross HS, straight body planche. Nakayama/Pineda (lever to cross).
D 0.4 Maltese, Azarian Cross
E 0.5 Victorian

I believe that pineda is D element at least it used to be, thanks for info :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back