Parents gymnastics in Switzerland

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

2G1B

Proud Parent
DH and I were talking tonight about places that we would consider living. Other than where we do live I could only come up with CO, WY and MT. Then he asked about Zurich. Apparently there is a realistic option that he could get transferred there if we were open to it.

My first reaction was, "ablsolutely for 1-5 years!". All of our kids love to ski and are good at it. I think it would be an amazing opportunity culturally and educationally. But then I thought about gymnastics. Honestly, DS would likely quit if he could do some sort if ski team instead. He has always said that it is the only sport that he would quit gymnastics for. That leaves my girls. Younger dd, a L3, I could see picking up a different sport eventually. Older dd though can't imagine not doing gymnastics. She is no phenom - just turned 10 and is a level 4; but she is very driven and committed.

So I started wondering... How is gymnastics done in Switzerland? If we were to do this, would she be able to continue gymnastics at a competitive level? Or is it likely that due to her age she would only be able to do the equivalent of rec?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back