Gymnastics or Friends???

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Have you ever had trouble with your friends, because of gymnastics?

• yes

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • no

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • kind of

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • not really, they all understand

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters
P

PoM ChIcK

Hey!

I have been active in gymnastics for 12 years now. I am also active in many other activites. I have tons of friends and a boyfriend too. Recently my boyfriend and I have been having problems, because I am always so busy with gymnastics, and he wants to break up now. I have lost a few good friends, because I am always too busy to go and do something with them. I really don't want to lose anymore friends or my boyfriend. We dated for about 11 months and I don't want to lose him now. My mom said that if they can't accept that I am a gymnast and that's my life then I don't need them. My boyfriend she doesn't agree with having one, because she said it's a huge distraction for me when I am in the gym with him. I love gymnastics, it's basically my life, but I love my boyfriend and my friends. I really don't want to lose them, but I don't want to give up gymnastics either. I am so confused on all of this.:confused: Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do???? I really need them!!!

Hey!

I have been active in gymnastics for 12 years now. I am also active in many other activites. I have tons of friends and a boyfriend too. Recently my boyfriend and I have been having problems, because I am always so busy with gymnastics, and he wants to break up now. I have lost a few good friends, because I am always too busy to go and do something with them. I really don't want to lose anymore friends or my boyfriend. We dated for about 11 months and I don't want to lose him now. My mom said that if they can't accept that I am a gymnast and that's my life then I don't need them. My boyfriend she doesn't agree with having one, because she said it's a huge distraction for me when I am in the gym with him. I love gymnastics, it's basically my life, but I love my boyfriend and my friends. I really don't want to lose them, but I don't want to give up gymnastics either. I am so confused on all of this.:confused: Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do???? I really need them!!!
You should Invite your boyfriend and friends to come and watch you practice sometime or maye to a meet. Show them how good you are have them support you in what you do!- It worked for me!

Guess what?! I have the same problem as you! Not the BF part but the friend part! I have a friend who always asks," Can we have a sleepover?" On days when we have off. But I mostly have gymnastics on those days. But then I ask, "Can we do it on the weekend?" and she's always like," I have skiing like from 9 am- 4 pm on Sat. and Sun." So I'm like whatever. So I just have a balance between my friends and gymnastics.

Being a former gymnast, and now a grown up in my 40's, I have to say "just do your best to balance them both". I still teach gymnastics and I love it. The boyfriends I had back then, and even most of the old friends, are long gone. And this would have happened whether I did gymnastics or not. I still have the same close friends (who never did gymnastics), and married a wonderful man who has always supported my love of the sport. The people who really love you will understand and stick with you. Plus, you always have your gymnastics friends who do understand what you're going through. Just think, if you quit gymnastics, then you would likely lose them. Good luck.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back