Parents Halloween practice

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Any gymnast who wanted to practice tonight had to sign up ahead of time so that there would be enough coaches available. Many of our coaches have young children and will not want to have to work tonight. DD is trick-or-treating with gym friends. I didn't even have to ask her what she wanted to do. There are few things that win out over gym, but trick-or-treating is one of them.

Oh, I cannot imagine trying to do practice, rush home, eat dinner, get on costume, go trick or treating and get to bed at a decent hour. So glad the gym just closes!! LOL!

Kipper's gym is open, but the coaches polled the girls and decided to end classes early. The entire optional team is leaving early to trick-or-treat together! Kipper's group is ending at 6:30, but we are taking her out earlier than that. She put up a minor fuss, but I think she was glad when I put my foot down about it. She feels the "need" to be dedicated...she has only asked to skip practice once in five years. However, I think she needs me to help create some balance in her life. This is always great extended family fun, and worth missing an hour of practice!

Normally dd is 5-9 on Thursdays, but they are allowing the girls to come in early and practice independently for a couple of hours instead if they want to.

No practice for our girls. Practice has always been cancelled on Halloween. Our compulsories even have a meet this weekend.

If they did have practice, I would keep her home so we could trick or treat and pass out candy.

Practice will happen although it will be sparse. Most kids won't choose gym over trick or treating. The Fellows decided she wanted to go to half of practice and then go trick or treating. She kept her costume super simple to help with this plan.

She also told me that if it started to rain that I was to call the gym and tell her immediately so she could stay for the rest of practice.

No practice for 2 nights in a row...last night was team Halloween party and tonight, cancelled! DD loves the fun but at the same time she says "I only get to go to practice twice this week?"

My dd does not have practice, never has. She's a L10 and is 17 yrs old - you're never too old for trick or treating! Even if dd did have practice, she wouldn't go. Halloween is one of those things that I don't think gym wins over. They still need to be kids!!

My daughter's gym is open but the coach knows most of the girls aren't going to practice. They told the coaches last night! My daughter is 14yrs Level 9 and I agree....they're never too old to go trick or treating if it's still fun for them! They def need to be kids. Life is just too short!!

Our gym always cancels practice on Halloween, for all levels. I just wish they'd told us that ahead of time last Halloween, when I rushed to get everything ready at home and then get my daughter to practice, only to discover that the gym was locked.

Halloween isn't a big thing here - we have parties (usually on weekend nights), but not a lot of door-to-door trick or treating on the actual day. Gym practice is on as usual.

Ours has regular practice, we're not going, didn't give my daughter the choice. She NEVER misses, and I think a night off for trick-or-treating at 5 years old is more than fine.

I pretty sure that we have practice tonight but I think a lot of girls will be missing. We will be leaving early. I would skip it all together but DD has been out a lot because of illness lately.

We had practice last night to replace not having it tonight. The entire program (rec and team) is off for the night. All the rec parents had the opportunity to make up tonight's class any day this week.

My dd's went to gym tonight, my youngest is in rec and her class had only 5 girls in it including her, she was the only "littlie" in it, usually there are over 20 girls in her rec class. My eldest dd had her practice and more turned up for that with only 1 not turn up.

I dropped my DD off and went in for a few minutes. Less than half her team showed up. Her gym closes early, then we're off to a party and trick or treating at one of the other team family's home. Should be fun!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back