Handstands on Beam!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

M

marylouretton

Hey guys, I've been working handstands on beam, and can most of the time get almost completely up and land back on the beam. However, i was wondering if anyone has some tips as to where your hands should go/ where you should look. Basically any tips that might aid in a handstand on beam. Right now my hands are thumb to thumb (sometimes one is higher than the other and sometimes i feel my weight shifted onto one hand more than the other) and my ears are kept pretty close to my arms, i can see down the beam.

Thanks for reading, I hope to hear all your tips!

Sounds pretty good, I've always found that keeping an index finger up on the beam with the thumb helps for balance and control. That way, if I'm falling forwards, I can pull it back over my hands. :) Good luck!

ETA: I look at my hands, when I look to the end of the beam I do a handstand forward roll. That might have to do with the fact that my level 7 series had that, but... It might help you.

Last edited:
i cross my thumbs over.. like a butterfly! :D that's just how i did it.. some people at my gym put there hands over the end of the beam (which looked freaky to me) but i think it's just your personal preferance.. and i also look at my hands.. at my gym we are supposed to keep our heads in though but i never did lol :D i guess you are just supposed to just move your eyes, not your whole head.. :D hope that helps!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back