Parents Happy gymnast!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Trixiebelle

Proud Parent
Quick update on Trixebelle - she is having a great L5 yeat. Her first meet she scored

8.025 on Vault
8.925 Bars (3rd)
8.95 Beam (2nd)
8.6 on Floor
34.5 AA and that scored her a second place

Her second meet was even better!

8.425 Vault
9.0 Bars (2nd)
9.425 Beam (2nd)
8.8 Floor (3rd)

35.65 AA and she scored second place again! The same girl scored 1st place both meets too.

She is so happy with how her meets are going. She is having a blast and is happy to see those scores going up. In contrast with last year, Trixie hated beam and bars were her weakest, they are now her two strongest events and she loves to do them.

Challenges start this week as she is starting with grips and has only 3 weeks until her next meet. Any tips? She is prepared for her bars to go down during this adjustment period so we'll see.

Trixiebelle's mom

What a great improvement, she did a great job. That beam score is through the roof! Awesome!!

Augh grips, what a pain they've been for my daughter. My daughter was told to buy them before this season and then there was a coach change and the bar coach they brought in said she was not to use them. Mid season they decided she was ready for grips but told her to wait until after States to start breaking them in.

She will start relearning bars with grips this afternoon so she'll be sharing your daughter's pain! ;)

She is doing great!! Glad she is off to such a good start.

As to grips, my daughter was put in them in the summer and her bars still don't look like they did before grips (though she did have a wrist injury and she went into grips right after that, so could be that since she lost skills after 6 weeks off). She loves them though and wants to keep using them. It took her awhile to get used to them, but some of the girls took to them really quick. It just depends. I don't think starting them mid season is a good idea though, but maybe she will be one that just clicks with them! Sending her grip fairies. :) And some to sharks DD, too.

Last edited:
Sounds like she is doing great! Congratulations to her on making so many great improvements from meet to meet and continuing to have fun! As for grips, I agree with not switching to them mid-season. My dd started using them after her second L5 season and it took some adjustment for sure. She now says she could never do bars without them, but it definitely took more than a couple of weeks to get back to where she was with her kips and swings. If you have no choice, then just expect it to take a couple of weeks. Hopefully she will be one of the lucky ones who gets used to them fast.

Congrats to her on her improvements! How odd that the coach is having her get grips mid-season! Just going to take practice with them (which is why most gyms do it in the off season)

Those are some awesome scores! As for grips, she mmay hate them at first, but after a while she'll wonder how she ever did bars without them! Once she practices with them for a while she'll start getting used to them. Good luck to her!

Wow 9.425 and 2nd on beam. Crazy!

She is doing amazing...that is a big jump in AA from the first meet to the second. No advice on grips from us, our gymmies are not allowed to have them until L6. It does seem a little odd to get them mid-season though. Hope she takes to them quickly!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back